Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having an 8 shot mag seems like an obvious advantage to having only 6 but it comes with an extra 1.5" in barrel length and some extra weight. Do the pros outweigh the cons in this case?

·
Premium Member
19,741 Posts
I would get the 8 shot gun. The extra 1.5" of length is negligible as is the extra weight of the empty gun. When you load 2 more shells in the 8 shot gun, you will notice some additional weight, but this might not be all bad. The extra weight will help reduce recoil as well as help hold the muzzle down when you fire the gun. Besides, if you decide later that you don't like the extra weight of the fully loaded magazine, just put 6 rounds in the magazine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I too prefer the 18.5" barrel. I know it's just personal preference, but the extra 1.5" seemed huge when they were side by side.

:) :wink: 8)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Assuming they were both converted to Tactical Sidewinders, I'd go with the shorter one.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I really like how my 18" barrel with the 2 shot extension feels. IMHO I think the extra length makes a big difference when manuevering within a home. Besides, its pretty darn unlikely that you will ever have to fire more than 1 or 2 shots in a defensive situation. Add a side saddle, and shell holder on your buttstock and you'll have plenty of ammo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts