Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new 686 PF Edition about 10 years ago. Hunted periodically with it, would say it doesn't have more than 400-500 rounds down the pipes. Gun has been cleaned after every hunt, regardless of rounds fired. I've never pulled the ejectors or the trigger group. The action is, and always has been, VERY stiff to open and close, despite my liberal application of white lithium grease on all hinge/contact surfaces. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a grease/lubrication point I'm missing?

·
Super Moderator
9,313 Posts
Keep shooting it! It will eventually loosen up.
At home, open and close the unloaded gun hundreds of times to speed up the proces.
Some guns are very stiff until broken in, 400-500 rounds over 10 years is nothing!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just had my 682 Gold Super Sporting action tighten by Coles......wow is it TIGHT!!!! It's like a new gun now, the gunsmith says it should be good for tens of thousands of more rounds. My Citori is like your gun: It still is tight after 13 yrs and 1000+/- rds!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.