Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the bottom of the receiver on my Beretta 686, there is a screw just in front of the trigger that appears to hold in the trigger group. On that, is a small gold screw that appears to be a set screw for the larger screw. Clear as mud? Anyway, the little set screw on mine sticks out just a hair, enough to snap clothes and stuff. I guess it just wasn't screwed in all the way. It doesn't look buggered so I don't think it was unscrewed. Anyone see any reason I can't get a small flat blade screwdriver and just give it another turn? I just want to make sure it's not indexed on anything internally, but I doubt it. But I figured it was better to ask before than figure out what I did afterwards.. Thanks!

- Craig

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I had the same thing on my older 686 Silver... a small blued "set screw" in a large silver-colored screw head. It was bugging me so I tried to turn it in a bit. It wouldn't budge and I ended up raising a small burr on the small screw slot. :-(

Good shooting,
desmobob

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.