Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a “new to me” 694 B-Fast 32” barrels.
Shot 125 shells through it yesterday. (5 rounds of skeet)
Here’s my thoughts:
First, it’s a beautiful gun. Really nice wood and clean lines. Fit and finish are great
Balanced perfectly, right at the hinge pins. It feels good in my hands. After adjusting the comb, it fits me well.
I shot well with it, about the same as my Ruger Red Label or Browning 425. I’m hoping that my scores will improve a little as I get used to the new gun.
It’s a keeper!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sounds like when you get used to the 694 it will get better. I ordered one (sporter model) and am looking forward to shooting it. I have one of the old style Red Labels and its a safe queen now as it beats the snot out of me. But back in the 80s I used it to start shooting sporting clays.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like when you get used to the 694 it will get better. I ordered one (sporter model) and am looking forward to shooting it. I have one of the old style Red Labels and its a safe queen now as it beats the snot out of me. But back in the 80s I used it to start shooting sporting clays.
That’s what I’m thinking

I love my old Ruger. Recoil isn’t that bad on mine. It has ported barrels and a recoil reducer in the stock. It’s just tired and in need of a little work. I estimate that it has somewhere around 75,000 rounds through it. I bought the 425 to give it a rest, but I’ve always wanted a Beretta. (I have a 390 and 391) To me, the Beretta handles a lot like the Ruger.

Good luck with your new 694. After you get it, let me know what you think

Reactions: grizquad

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just bought one from Cove Creek. Have about 300 rounds through it so far. Very happy with how it shoots compared to my old Beretta 686 Onyx Pro Sporting.
Bought a set of Briley Titanium Chokes to go with it since Beretta doesn't make a matching LM choke to fit.
I use to shoot LM/IC in my 686 today I shot better with IM/LM .... Finished 2 in my class at a tough SC course here in Northern Nevada

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just bought one from Cove Creek. Have about 300 rounds through it so far. Very happy with how it shoots compared to my old Beretta 686 Onyx Pro Sporting.
Bought a set of Briley Titanium Chokes to go with it since Beretta doesn't make a matching LM choke to fit.
I use to shoot LM/IC in my 686 today I shot better with IM/LM .... Finished 2 in my class at a tough SC course here in Northern Nevada
I was wondering about that. I noticed that mine did not come with a LM choke either. Probably pick one up from Briley as well.
I shoot a lot of skeet, and wanted another skeet choke. They are not available on the Beretta website. But, I found one on GunBroker and snatched it up this morning.

·
Registered
15 Posts
love my 694 so far. i have just over 2000 rounds out of it in about 3 months. The only problem so far if you even consider it to be a problem is my med bead did come loose. luckily after reading about other people losing their mid bead I checked mine and discovered it being about halfway out I was able to put some blue Loctite in it and forever solve that problem. after being away from skeet for over 20 years the 694 has already got me shooting better then I did before.

·
Registered
Beretta 694
1,431 Posts
I was wondering about that. I noticed that mine did not come with a LM choke either. Probably pick one up from Briley as well.
I shoot a lot of skeet, and wanted another skeet choke. They are not available on the Beretta website. But, I found one on GunBroker and snatched it up this morning.
You can get a LM from beretta for the 694 but you have to order the black Edition LM choke .
. ( from the 692 black but same choke style ) I got two they are all black . All I use for sporting clays .
(see below HP )

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can get a LM from beretta for the 694 but you have to order the black Edition LM choke .
. ( from the 692 black but same choke style ) I got two they are all black . All I use for sporting clays .
(see below HP )

Yessir, saw that one. It just doesn't match the color-coded ones that came with my gun.
Just curious as to why Beretta doesn't offer a LM in the same chokes they ship with a $5000 sporting clays model?

Reactions: tdyoung58

·
Registered
Beretta 694
1,431 Posts
Yessir, saw that one. It just doesn't match the color-coded ones that came with my gun.
Just curious as to why Beretta doesn't offer a LM in the same chokes they ship with a $5000 sporting clays model?
Yes that is strange. LM is very popular. The black match’s mechanically or physically identical To the ones that came with gun . Or it’s true to be between a Beretta HP IC & MOD I measured them spot on to LM size

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes that is strange. LM is very popular. The black match’s mechanically or physically identical To the ones that came with gun . Or it’s true to be between a Beretta HP IC & MOD I measured them spot on to LM size
Thanks for the info. I don't get to shoot sporting clays often, but when I do, I want a LM choke.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts