Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm helping a friend with his 870 Wingmaster that is getting feed jams. Basically, the Action Bar Lock will ride up along side the action bar and when the round tries to spring out of the tube, it crashes into the nose of the lock - with the round still partially in the tube.

You can clear the jam by pushing the round back into the tube and pushing the lock button up (which moves the lock back below the action bar.

Should the lock stay below the action bar? How to best fix this?

Netbook Gadget Office equipment Automotive exterior Computer

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I believe it is supposed to stay down under the action bar.
Look at this video. You may have to remove it and see if it is bent, or getting forced out.

Jim

·
Premium Member
20,275 Posts
Does the action bar lock (ABL) work properly to block or unblock the movement of the action bar when the ABL is pressed? I would think that if it works correctly, you shouldn't be having this problem unless some part is missing or incorrectly assembled.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does the action bar lock (ABL) work properly to block or unblock the movement of the action bar when the ABL is pressed? I would think that if it works correctly, you shouldn't be having this problem unless some part is missing or incorrectly assembled.
Usually, the ABL functions when hand cycling but seems to consistently jump to the inside of the action bar when it is unlocked by the hammer falling. (I'm using snap caps exclusively.)

·
Premium Member
20,275 Posts
Usually, the ABL functions when hand cycling but seems to consistently jump to the inside of the action bar when it is unlocked by the hammer falling. (I'm using snap caps exclusively.)
Snap caps often don't work worth crap when trying to use them to cycle through a pump or semi-auto shotgun. If it's not safe to use live ammo, then stuff some empty cartridge cases with shot (or something) and crimp the end.

That said, I'm pretty sure the ABL should stay over to the left side of the action underneath the action bar and not interfere with the cartridge coming out of the magazine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts