Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am adding a factory 2 round extension to my 870 express that has the dimples in the mag tube. I will be removing the dimples and want to go to the old style cap I already have the following parts:

1) Remington factory extension & clamp
2) Extended mag tube spring
3) High visibility follower

Which other parts do I need?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
As said before you look pretty set up for the extention. You mentioned wanting to use the old style cap. I guess you mean if you take off the extention. If so, you need to get one of the friction spring retainers instead of the plastic one that worked with the dimples. This will work, but you will have to check to make sure the cap stays tight because you would not have the little spint and ball like thing on the barrel ring that the older models had that worked with the old style cap. Any gunsmith could add that to your express bareel if you wanted it. The gun will work without the magazine spring retainer, but you have to push the spring down and screw on the cap at the same time. If hunting where a plug is needed, some wardens take a dim view of the plug coming in and out with just taking off the cap.

·
Registered
488 Posts
timmy8151 said:
I am adding a factory 2 round extension to my 870 express that has the dimples in the mag tube. I will be removing the dimples and want to go to the old style cap I already have the following parts:

1) Remington factory extension & clamp
2) Extended mag tube spring
3) High visibility follower

Which other parts do I need?
Were you get the factory extention and clamp from?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts