Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 870 express gets hung up when ejecting the shells.It will pump fine with no shells in the gun though.Has anyone else had this problem on this forum?I saw on another forum that if a person pulls out the trigger plate assembly and bends out this tab that is buy the silver tongue it will help.I havent tried this yet but does anyone else have problems with their express ejecting the shells?My 30 year old wingmaster has no problems at all.Thanks

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Are you certain that you're not just short-shucking it? That's the cause of 99.99% of all pumpgun hangups.

Failure to EXTRACT is the fault of the gun or the ammo..... failure to EJECT is usually the operator, as this function occurs in the last fraction of an inch of stroke.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I had the same problem with mine using ammo with ribbed cases i.e. the cheap stuff. Wichester AA's and Remington STS worked fine and well as full power hunting ammo. That's the easy fix. What you probably need done is the have the chamber honed to smooth it out. They come pretty rough.
Good Luck...

·
Registered
173 Posts
DogBear,

My 870 did the same thing.

There is a plate in the receiver that slides. Over time crusty-critters can accumulate in the tracks. Oil can turn to an alomost wax-like consistiency given evough time, dust, and dirt.

Just spraying a bunch of Rem-Oil, Break-Free, Or Powder Blast won't cut the mustard.

Go to the hardware store and buy a few punches. Take your receiver apart and clean that back area real good. This will solve your problem and it's simple to do.

Tank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.