Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new to this board and just recently bought a Remington 870 express. I now want to build a tactical shotgun and was having a tough time deciding on what platform to start with. I went to the shop the other day and saw an 18" 870 express with synthetic stock and 2 shot extension. Now before this I had my heart set on buying the 870 police with the synthetic stock and ghost ring sights. Now is there a major difference between these two, besides the price? I'm looking to add a knoxx spec ops, so it doesnt really matter to me if the stock is synthetic or wood.

G

·
I bought a 870 Express and put the Knoxx Spec Ops on it.....it ROCKS! :lol: ....it has the very basic bead site. With the police version, if the only difference is the sites I would go with the ghost rings.

If I had to do it again I would opt for the ghost ring sites on my 870.

I recently bought a Mossberg 590A1 with ghost ring sites and it is much easier to aim.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
The police version (and wingmasters) are made like remigton engineers say they should be.

expresses are made by the accountants. still tough, but the details are lacking. I think the military police versions are made to last longer than one lifetime and have forged tool steel parts vs. cast and plastic pieces. various cosmetics are finished nicer on some models as well.

·
Registered
153 Posts
"What is the difference between a Remington Express and a Police Magnum?"
The Remington Police Magnum shotgun is built heavier to withstand the abuse and pounding that police departments inflict on their gear. It has a metal trigger assembly versus the Express's plastic assembly. The Police Magnum also has heavier springs (7 lb. sear disconnect spring versus's the Express's 5 lb. disconnect spring). The Police Magnum has a 22 inch magazine spring versus a 16 inch magazine spring in the Express. The Police gun comes with a heavier lifter spring. Each Police Magnum comes with front and rear sling swivel studs. These are just some of the differences in the two guns. Remember, you get exactly what you pay for. Both models function the same and digest the same ammo, so if you are inclined to inflict this type of punishment on your guns then consider a Police Magnum. Otherwise the Express model will serve you very well.

Got that from the Hans Vang website.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.