Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine just bought an express from walmart with a nice laminate stock and it was priced nice. Anyone else seen this gun around? Is it common? I cant find anything on it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I posted about one of these turning up at our walmart a couple weeks ago. Was wondering if it was just a WM thing or if all Expresses were being switched over. Same price as the plain wood model has been. Much better looking, & should probably cut into mossberg sales.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I was looking at one of those the other day at Wal-mart as well. A very nice looking shotgun for the money. I was checking my pennies for a possible purchase.

·
Registered
324 Posts
My wife bought one yesterday from Big 5 Sporting Goods. She'll pick it up on 01/25 and will be using it on the last weekend of the quail season on 01/28.

I've got an Express Magnum 12 ga from the first year of production, and the one my wife bought makes mine look very homely.

The stock atually has a little asthetic merit on the gun my wife bought. Mine looks like something one might row a boat with. The trigger gaurd assembly appears to made from aluminum (heard some were plastic, but haven't seen one made that way). The rib on the wife's new gun is finished with fine, shallow grooves milled into it lengthwise. Mine lacks that feature.

-JP

·
Registered
200 Posts
I just got the only one the local Wal Mart had. I second it is very nice for a low end 870 and the barrel saw teeth are odd.
I cant say what they were thinking on that but the stock makes up for it. Also seems just a little smoother than the older expresses I have handled. Mine has a metal guard too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
KS_JoKeR said:
A buddy of mine just bought an express from walmart with a nice laminate stock and it was priced nice. Anyone else seen this gun around? Is it common? I cant find anything on it.
You know the sad part is ... I don't think there is a single walmart in california that sells guns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts