Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I posted this before.....I don't understand why Remington makes the M870P only avalible to LE and military. Again, it smacks of anti-gun back door apeasment to me. You can still get them if an FFL orders for a PD who does'nt pick up the product and it's sitting on the shelf. Or on the 2nd hand market, so why all the psedo-restriction from Remington Corp.? What's the purpose if it's so easily defeated?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Actually, it appears the sales are directed through different channels. Dealers that also do LEO sales can get the P models.

Browning has a similar set up. Depending on your relationship as as distributor/sales, you get access to certain products in their line up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just find it silly and a bit dishonest for any manufacturer to play this game. The M870P has a "police" roll stamp and no magazine detents so that's what all the hub bub is about. I'm sure folks could name 4 or 5 more superficial difference between the M870P and other M870's but the two main one, I beieve, are really the...well....two main ones! :roll:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I recently purchased a Rem 870P Magnum. I feel the extra $ spent over the Express was well worth it particularly since I plan to fire it a lot. It's a beefier shotgun pure and simple designed to take a lot of hard handling. As far as the less expensive Express, IMHO, it's on par with the Win 1300, Mossbery 590, FN, etc - basically comes down to what feels better in yur hands. I also own a Win 1300 Defender and I love it's smooth as silk action. It's stays in the closet and doesn't get fired much but I know, if push comes to shove, it will go bang.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow, this thread may get as long as the"which gun is better Moss. 500 or 870" threads. Alot of good information. O.k. you fellas sold me..I'll go buy a 870P. That I'll be number four. Anyne wnna trade a Norinco 1911 for one? :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts