Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the reimngton 870 SPS camo in 3 1/2". i was just wondering if they r good guns and how much better they r then the express's. also id really like to know how they perform with an extended rifled choke tube with sabot slugs.

please let me know of any ups and downs to this gun

thanx

Canadian Hunter

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased one of these Remingtons in 2000. I originally used it to hunt turkey. I put a red dot in a saddle mount on it for turkey. I purchased an H.S. Strut "Undetaker" (model 00660 - .665 ID). I use Winchester Supreme 3 1/2" #4 2oz loads. These are very tight grouping and the best of the loads I tried.
I later moved to a state requiring the use of shotguns rather than rifles for whitetail hunting. I purchased a factory barrel with the cantilever scope mount. I wanted to keep the look of the gun rather than put a blued barrel on it. I mounted a Nikon 2x7 Team RealTree camo scope. The outfit looks sharp and I found that Remington Premier Core Lokt Ultra slugs shot the best of the half dozen brands I tried when setting up the rig. I just returned from my fourth season with this outfit. I've taken 6 deer at various ranges out to 120 yards. I've been extremely satisfied.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.