Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mossy oak covered Remington 870s with same camo synthetic stocks, rifled sights, short mag barrel about 20"? WITH Remchoke, EXPRESS models or Wingmasters or what???

Anyone used one? Ive had lil experience with the express ones but didnt care for them much. Any help will be appreciated.

thanks
hewhohunts

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
I have the 870SPS-BG. That stands for Remington, 870, Special Purpose Synthetic, Big Game model.

It was made for one year, 1994, came fully covered in Mossy Oak bottomland camo.

It has a 20" barrel with adjustable rifle sights, the mag length standard length, will hold 4 shells with plug out.

It came with an extra full turkey choke tube, a rifled choke tube and an Improved cylinder choke tube.

It's a dandy of a shot gun, I used to use it exclusively for turkey hunting, but I scored a 26" mossy oak bottomland ribbed barrel off of ebay before they quit selling such horrible things and now it gets used for dove and ducks too.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have an SPS 3" from about 10 years ago. Very smooth almost wingmaster quality other than the textured finish on the mag tube, which will detract from the smoothness of cycling to some extent. It has a great finish and has been flawless. It is my most dependable waterfowl gun and has held up great to all the mud, ice, water, snow and you name it a waterfowl gun gets into. I don't know about the current ones, but the older SPS was a much better gun then the express and had a price tag to go with the better quality. I would look it over real good and compare to the express. If you can't detect any difference there probably isn't any. At the time I got my gun I could tell the difference easily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts