Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a lot of research and thought I wanted to go buy a SuperNova, but when actually going to a store and holding them, I couldn't get over how comfortable the Wingmaster was.

I know the Wingmaster has a better finish than the Express models, but I thought that was supposed to be the only difference. The Express seems much more "back heavy" while the Wingmaster is in perfect balance.

Can anyone tell me FOR SURE if there is a difference in how these two guns are made from a component level? Basically, does the Wingmaster work better than the Express, or does it just look and feel better?

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Both guns are basically the same. The Wingmaster is fit and finished better, is smoother and has some more desirable features than the bare bones Express. Stock dimensions may differ and balance & feel will be different depending on what stock is on the gun. On any gun, a couple of ounces here or there makes a world of difference in handling and overall "feel". The bottom line is that the Wingmaster is, pound for pound, the best pumpgun made today. The Nova doesn't really compare to a Wingmaster. The two guns are not in the same league.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
nwiowa said:
I did a lot of research and thought I wanted to go buy a SuperNova, but when actually going to a store and holding them, I couldn't get over how comfortable the Wingmaster was.

I know the Wingmaster has a better finish than the Express models, but I thought that was supposed to be the only difference. The Express seems much more "back heavy" while the Wingmaster is in perfect balance.

Can anyone tell me FOR SURE if there is a difference in how these two guns are made from a component level? Basically, does the Wingmaster work better than the Express, or does it just look and feel better?
I've owned recent versions of both guns (2004 production). If anything, the Express is more muzzle heavy since it uses a standard contour barrel, while the current Wingmaster uses a light contour barrel.

The extra money put into fit and finish go a long way towards an owner's impression.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
At present I own a 28 gauge Remington Model 870 Express.In the past I have owned two 28 gauge Remington Model 870 Wingmasters and a 16 gauge Wingmaster.All four of the shotguns pumped well and worked great.

The Wingmasters had better finish and wood than the Express. Could find no difference in the pumping.All four shotguns were dependable.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of Remingtons, but I will definately say they got it right with the wingmaster. Not sure if I agree that it is the best pump made today. The Browning BPS sure would give it a run for it's money, in my mind at least. But the Rem is an excellent gun nonetheless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts