Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't really seem like that long ago to me, but I guess it has been. Lot's of stuff has changed, some things haven't. Some things still need to.

for the Brotherhood in the FDNY. Keep the faith.

For everyone we wish should be here.

·
Banned
30,821 Posts
Every American, and for that matter anyone literate in English, should read the 9/11 Commision Report issued by a select committee of Congress in that brief period after the 9/11 attacks when virtually all Americans realized the common danger we face from radical Islamc terrorism directed at the United States and our civilized allies around the world.

http://www.9-11commission.gov/report/911Report.pdf

We cannot outlaw Islam and even the attempt to suppress that religion held by over a billion and s half souls on this earth would radicalize more would be terrorists. What America and it's allies are and should be doing is backing moderate Muslims to fight radical Muslims wherever they can be found on the earth.

15 years is but a drop in the bucket of world history. Rag tag Islamic terrorist regimes such as the Islamic State will inevitably be crushed by the weight of the entire civilized world combining against them. In time perhaps Islam will leave behind it's murderous fanatics who attack Western civilization because we do not oppress our women, honor kill our daughters, and behead adulterers and chop hands off thieves. Christians have given up bloody wars over competing doctrines of religion centuries ago, and in time Muslims may as well.

What is most worrisome to me today is not radical Islam, which currently does not have access to thermonuclear armed long range missiles. The atheist nation of North Korea poses a unique danger to life as the entire world has come to know it.

One miscalculation by the civilized nations in dealing with one young man who has the power to start a thermonuclear war would cause a cataclysmic chage in the daily lives of all the people of the earth.

North Korea has the power to make 9/11 look small.

And there is no easy solution, that anyone knows of. One mistake by any one of a few world leaders and life as we know it changes forever.

·
Banned
30,821 Posts
Since 2006 any solution concerning North Korea has to take into account that a madman that's the dictator there has access to nuclear weapons.

One mistake and it's bad for everybody on the earth, you know?

·
Registered
13,377 Posts
This was a moment in which we all remember where we were and what we were doing just as past generations remembered where they were when they heard that President Kennedy was shot or when the Japanese bombed pearl harbor.

·
Banned
30,821 Posts
Ezra Smack said:
This was a moment in which we all remember where we were and what we were doing just as past generations remembered where they were when they heard that President Kennedy was shot or when the Japanese bombed pearl harbor.
We say we are divided, but when some foreign enemy attacks there aren't any Democrats or Republicans, just Americans,,, at least for awhile.

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
My youngest son's 6th birthday is tomorrow.

·
Registered
14,316 Posts
Still waiting for someone in gov't to be held accountable. Instead, Jamie Gorelick, architect of the CIA/FBI firewall, was put on the 9/11 whitewash cmte. :roll:

I won't even get into giving nuclear bombs to mullahs...

·
Registered
23,202 Posts
It sure doesn't seem that long ago. The last known rescue dog from 9/11

cdb

·
Banned
30,821 Posts
The persons left alive in Al Queda, who didn't ride the planes to destruction, are mostly dead. What was 15 years ago a brilliant tactical victory for Osama bin Laden and friends turned out very soon to be a strategic defeat, much like the Japanese tactical victories at Pearl Habor, the Phillipines, and Singapore became the catalyst for the total defeat of Japan.

By Thanksgiving of 2011 America had nearly cleansed Afghanistan of Al Queda, and since then Al Queda has lost their ability to have training camps free of the threat of death from above, courtesy of the United States. Young Islamic radicals have abandoned Al Queda for ISIS, and they will in their own time be crushed under the combined action of all the civilized nations on earth, plus Russia and Iran.

The unity the USA had immediately after 9/11 in time devolved into blaming Bush, or Clinton, or "the other party" for America's greatest defeat since Pearl Harbor. There were, and still are, tin foil hat conspiracy theorists that claim 9/11 was an inside job, and that Osama bin Laden still lives.

But since 9/11 no Islamic terrorist has been safe from a cruise missile, drone, or smart bomb strike,,,and they never will. Fifty years from now the USA will still be killing old men who thought the years protected them from America's wrath.

There may be other losses, other defeats the USA sustains in the long struggle against radical Islamic terror,,,,but in the end America will prevail.

·
Banned
8,378 Posts
Man, that was a tear jerker. I just got back from a 2 week vacation with my old weimmy. Probably her last........that really hit home watching that dog in its last walk.

·
Registered
27,084 Posts
I remember driving to work that morning listening to my classic rock station in Reno when the first plane hit. By the time I got into the cafeteria where the news was on, I watched the second plane hit the towers live and then as the Towers fell. I remember our company also getting an unknown package delivered that had an unknown white powder inside (turned out to be harmless) that day and everyone's family feeling threatened as we were on lockdown until it was analyzed. Years later, I made it to the flight 93 memorial.
When I see the pro-muslim actions of this administration and the BS from the 49ers quarterback, I'd wish they were in those towers on that day; save us all a lot of crap from lying politicians and spoiled brat "athletes". I lost a lot of schoolmates in those towers.

·
Banned
30,821 Posts
Turkinator said:
Republican said:
SuperXOne said:
And there is no easy solution, that anyone knows of.
Actually there is, but it's "political" in nature, so unfortunately we can't talk about that here in this forum.
The fact that the same terrorism still exists sure trumps a lot of the other issues of our day :wink:
The bombing of Pearl Harbor was done on the order of the government of Japan and carried out by Japanese military forces. Hitler's Germany and Italy declared war on America. On May 8, 1945 the Germans surrendered and on September 2, 1945 the Japanese surrendered and the thing was over with, and there was peace.

Radical individuals holding extremist Islamic beliefs had been killing and maiming and terrorizing lawful governments all over the world, until that clear September morning they made the irrevocable decision to take advantage of America's advanced air transportation system and hijack four jetliners with the purpose of killing the President of the United States and destroying the US Capitol. Hitting the World Trade Center towers was the secondary mission, as like all arch conservatives they believed the towers were the home of international Jewish finance and that Jews control the Western world through a shadow financial order.

The primary targets were untouched. Not even the perpetrators thought the towers would collapse. What Al Queda could not have foreseen was how the drama of both towers falling while firemen and rescue workers were running towards the danger would galvanize Americans and for a time set aside all petty political concerns, and unleash the awesome technological wrath of America against them.

15 years has seen radical Islam reduced to a small area in Sryia and Iraq where even the Russians join in the extermination of radical Islamists.

Yet this war cannot have an end date. Two brothers in Boston can buy two pressure cookers and $200 worth of fireworks and set off bombs at a parade. A fanatical American Muslim can take a thousand dollars worth of firearms and a couple of hundred dollars worth of ammunition and shoot up a crowded gay nightclub. This cannot be stopped, even if America resorted to the tactics of Hitler and Stalin. These lone wolfs are on suicide missions.

Why do these fanatics attack Western civilization?

Because, they see our women smoking cigarettes and our gays being openly gay and we never pray even once towards Mecca. They think we're sinners and Allah will curse them for allowing us to be so sinful. Sort of an Islamic version of The Westboro Baptist Church or the fanatical Christian abortion clinic bombers.

We'd have to convert to an arch conservative Muslim nation and start honor killing our daughters and treating our women like cows in black bedsheets to gain peace-and we never will do that.

So from now on for centuries, Western civilization is going to kill fanatical Muslims using smart bombs, drones, cruise missiles and proxy Muslim troops. This war can't end.

And the demagogues will appeal to the ignorant they have secret plans to stop the terror.

They don't even believe that, themselves, is my bet.

·
Registered
13,377 Posts
When I got to work that morning the first plane had already hit and everyone thought it was some kind of accident. When the news broke about the second tower being hit we knew that it was terrorism. We spent the rest of the day listening to the radio and got relitivly little work done.

·
Banned
30,821 Posts
What I've never understood is that foreign, organized, Islamic terrorists have succeeded exactly one time on 9/11 to hit America with a large scale, devastating terrorist attack and none since. The 9/11 operation involved 19 young men who were disciplined and determined to act together in a coordinated manner to hijack four huge airplanes and use those planes as guided bombs. Four pilots had to be trained. Just one defector might have caused all 19 to be arrested. Yet on 9/11 all 19 young men carried out the plot and boarded the planes to their certain deaths.

The few Muslim inspired attacks and attempts against the USA since 9/11 have at most involved a couple of people and usually just one lone wolf, and nothing even remotely as sophisticated and planned as the 9/11 attacks has occurred in the USA since, or has seriously been attempted.

In the Middle East, Islamists recruit suicide bombers wholesale.

What can't they, or haven't they, even once got up a squad of a half a dozen jihadists to shoot up a public place, or stuff a boat or small truck full of explosives for a terror bombing?

When you think about that, it's either:

1. The Islamic terrorist networks can't find or place a car load of people to commit jihad in the USA

2. They don't want to commit another act of mass terror in the USA

3. Our government effectively prevents mass terror attacks.

About the only idea that really works is that there aren't any terrorist cells in the USA. For whatever reasons known only to Islamic fanatics, they can't recruit jihadists to commit suicide outside their home area.

I can't believe that ISIS wouldn't commit terrorism or that our government can completely prevent mass terror attacks.

For all their worldwide press and fearful reputation, Islamists must not be able to recruit and raise even one organized terror cell of a few people outside of their area of physical control.

Otherwise,,,wouldn't they, if they could?

·
Registered
12,407 Posts
Terror attacks, does it make any difference whether they are on a large or small scale or how well planned out they are?
We think in small increments of time our religious adversaries look at the long haul.
I am not smart enough to predict the extent of terrorism, if any, that we are due.
The islamist radicals are involved in criminal behavior and since when has this country been free of criminality?
Criminality affects policies and the lifestyles of even the Podunk Junctions of this country. The Cedar County Ia. courthouse is looking at improving the security of itself from incidents that were inconceivable fifty years ago when it was a new building.
To dismiss the danger we are subject to from various sources is naive.
Clear and concise thinking is needed not verbose confusion.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.