Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the upstoke of the handle, the spent primer is not falling away (about one out of six times), and the deprimed hull is rolling over top of the spent primer, jamming the plate.

I suspect it is a timing issue, as all else look OK. GC hulls, twice fired with N/S primers.

Adjust the nut on the rod controlling the deprime or is an adjustment on the eccectrenic nut going to be necessary (trial and error)?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Bill

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
I do not understand. The spent primer should drop free and land under the press.

Is it not knocking the primer all the way out of the hull? If so, I would look at Station 1...does the shell lifter come up even with the top of the collet fingers? It should, I like mine just a hair higher. If it is sitting below the top of the collet it'll hang every time. On one my old 9000's I did have to add a thin washer to the deprime punch to lower it a little...so it the press would punch out the spent primer.

First, just check all the simple stuff. 1. make sure you don't have a pile of old primers holding up the shell lifter 2. remove the shell lifter and clean out your collet and collet fingers. I'd bet the trouble is in there.

·
Administrator
23,826 Posts
You also want to insure that the handle is going fully down. The cross rod in the linkage on the back of the column should hit the column at the bottom of the stroke or be within 0.015" of the column. If this is not the case, you either have the collet set too tight or the bar linkage adjusting nut is set too high, limiting the press handle travel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.