Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 930 for a few months now, and overall it has been a great gun. It has been my primary waterfowl gun, and it has taken a lot of ducks. Early on in the season, it operated flawlessly. But recently, I have been having some misfires. First, it was with Kent Fasteel, and I thought it was just bad shells, because I think they tend to have harder primers than usual. But I just had a misfire with a Federal shell, so I think it might be the gun. On the shells that misfire, the primer is just barely indented, and the shell usually fires the second try.

Now, I clean my gun religiously after every hunt, but I think I might not be getting the trigger mechanism clean enough. The owners manual just says to use a brush to clean off the outside of the trigger mechanism. I'm not sure if this is good enough, because there is no way I can get all the junk out from inside.

Does anybody have any ideas or tips for me? I really like this gun but until I get this solved I will have to use my 500 from now on.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Try soaking your trigger group, I use Hoppes Elite foaming gun cleaner, I spray it down an and let it soak for 20 - 30 minutes. Next I use Brake-Kleen (or any degreaser) and "hose out" everything really good. (I get a lot of dirt coming out of there) I then take an air compressor and blow out any excess. Then I use CLP Breakfree and soak eveything again then a light shot with the air and wipe off the extra....

Good luck and let us know how you make out...

Smitty

·
Registered
301 Posts
I've been having the same problem my 935, it isn't liking the cold this winter. Misfires and slow rechambering are my problems. I cleaned the oil from my gun and tried with oil and without same problem. It worked great last 2 winters but I was using rem dry lube with Teflon, now I can't find any. I stretched my springs hopefully it helped.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
as above poster said, cold winter weather does a number on oil. it will congeal or jell up if it cant handle the cold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts