Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to the not so local gander mtn today to try and scare up a 930. of coarse they didnt have one so i had the guy look up the price. 930 field 28"vr with wood. 499 i thought that was a bit high myself considering dicks has the 935 for 449 right now in camo no less.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just bought a 930 at a Scheels sporting goods store about a month and a half ago.

The one I bought was the waterfowl version with a wood stock and a 28" barrel, I paid $400 for it.

BrianO

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I find that the Gander Mnt just north of Scranton, PA has some of the highest prices of anybody...

Bud's Gun Shop has three models of the 930 in Walnut for $417 DELIVERED!!
26" Field
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... s_id/14635

28" Field
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... s_id/14634

28" Waterfowl
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... s_id/14640

They also have a Walnut Field Deer combo for $458 DELIVERED
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... s_id/43853

Dick's sometimes have some 930's and their prices aren't too bad, but their selection is hit or miss...

Cabela's has a lousy selection and their prices seem a little high, too...

Smitty

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
saw the buds price and i like it but wanted to try and find it local and not to pay transfer fee.

·
Registered
11,348 Posts
Gander Mountain is among the highest priced of the big box stores that I have visited and I hit the bricks almost every day looking for bargains. I don't frequent GM much and have never bought anything from them. They have a good selection of guns and other merchandise. Dick's is hard to beat price wise. Bass Pro falls somewhere in the middle but they have anything you want.

Bud's ain't anywhere on my beaten path or I would check them out.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
But, Bud's is a good tool for showing your local dealer what price they should be around....

For example, Take the $417 walnut 930 then add $25 for FFL transfer and you get $442, that's around what I would expect to pay for that gun locally (+/- $10), not the $499 that Gander was asking...

Smitty

·
Registered
201 Posts
When I went to Gander (Nov) they wouldn't even quote me a price on the 930. Told me they didn't carry it, and only wanted to talk about the 935. I found this same response at several other dealers listed on Mossberg's web site. I tried to order at Dick's (best price), they told me they couldn't get it. I did order a 930 field/security combo from a local dealer on 12/3 and I'm still waiting. Since then I have found the field/deer combo at two Dick's stores. What I find amazing is that every dealer I went to or called, I had to educate them on the existance of 930.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Don't understand why they put the ported barrel on the waterfowl version. Thats what I have; walnut stock, matte blue ported barrel & matte blue bolt & slide assy which I haven't seen another like. Usually the pics show the bolt being silver.

Nice gun so far other than minor issue trying to load rounds into magazine. But, the porting annoys me... especially since Im next to it while my son shoots it in the blind.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Mack3971 said:
When I went to Gander (Nov) they wouldn't even quote me a price on the 930. Told me they didn't carry it, and only wanted to talk about the 935.

What I find amazing is that every dealer I went to or called, I had to educate them on the existance of 930.
I have had a difficult time finding the 930 local also- everyone has the 935 but no 930. I finally found one at Bass Pro Shops for $388. Haven't bought it yet but at least I know where I can get one now.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if i found a 930 28"vr in wood, gloss blue...hell id even take the matte blue duck gun for 388$...it would be mine! you sir go out and buy that gun. buy it now, then shoot it and report. thats the best price ive heard if she is in the wood that is.

same for the 935 their everywhere and i would buy one but no wood stocks. it would be a little heavy for the skeet field.

no one has a 930 execpt the spx and syn stock 26"

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i went by the local bass pro with the intention of getting a 930 if they had it. order only at this one for 439$ i said i knew a bass pro in another state that had them for 399 and the guy said that they would only price match other people and not their sale price somewhere else.

struck out again. im begining to think the 930 is like bigfoot. is it real or not!?!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I put one on hold at Bass Pro and cancelled my order at the local dealer. $388 just as advertised, synthetic 28in. I have to wait till Sunday to see it/buy it.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Mack3971 said:
I put one on hold at Bass Pro and cancelled my order at the local dealer. $388 just as advertised, synthetic 28in. I have to wait till Sunday to see it/buy it.
That's a great price, they have an MSRP of $503 on their web-site... too bad there's not a Bass Pro around here, I might be tempted to buy another one....If I did that, I think that would put me into some sort of 12-step program...

My next purchase is going to be an over / under, but I'm too cheap to spend that kind of money :shock:

Smitty

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the second is buying a pedersen

·
Registered
782 Posts
i know we are a bit biased because we are in the mossberg section and we are all mossberg owners, but how does the stoeger 2000 compare with the mossberg 930 are they about the same quality?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dunno, never shot one. prob a good gun, i am biased though. ill wait for the mossy. the fact of no o-ring has an appeal to me

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Hawkeye_90 said:
i know we are a bit biased because we are in the mossberg section and we are all mossberg owners, but how does the stoeger 2000 compare with the mossberg 930 are they about the same quality?
The Stoeger 2000 was recently re-designed because of the bad track record that the original guns had. The new ones seem better than the old ones, but there have been some reports of varying quality, more than I'm comfortable with to recommend one...

They are also an inertia operated gun, they require a large amount of heavy loads in order to break in the shotgun, an added expense that most people don't figure into the price of the gun. They also kick quite a bit more than a gas operated gun, people say that adding a limbsaver recoil pad will tame the beast, but aagin, another added expense...

I like the 930 better, take it out of the box, give it a good cleaning & lube, go out and shoot any load you want and have a very soft shooting gun...

Smitty

·
Registered
782 Posts
I haven't determined my view on either gun, partly because they are both auto and I always trusted pumps when it comes to going into the field, but is it easier breaking in the 930 compared to the 935?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts