Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went hunting this morning and had shot a couple of ducks. Went to shoot at another group and on the second shot the gun fires while it is cycling the second shell and the chamber is open. Needless to say I was kicked like mule and the bolt and associated part shattered.

Has this happened to anyone else?

How can the gun fire with the Chamber still open?

This gun is one year old. How is Mossburg warrenty to deal with. I have a hunt scheduled on Wednesday and now no gun!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
tt400,
I'm no expert but it sounds like a short cycle and the hammer followed the bolt forward and touched off the second shell before the bolt was completely closed. I have delt with Mossberg service in the past and they are very good at turning the repairs around but I doubt that you will have it back by Wednesday for your hunt. With things as busted up as they are and with a 2 year warranty on the gun, sender back and let them repair or replace it.

Waterfowler

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wouldn't worry to much about it. I have had my 935 for over a year now and the only problem I have had has been a cold weather cycling issue, see my topic "935 won't cycle in cold weather". Mossberg will fix it up good as new and if it was a defective part I'm sure it will be replaced. Anything I have ever sent them has come back and worked great. I would strongly suggest that you stick to the 3" minimum shell length though as the gun will work tons better. I am able to get away with using 2 3/4 but they are MAX dram loads too.
Send it in and give it a good workout when you have it back. I bet things will be just fine.

Waterfowler.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i haven't had that problem but my barrel just fell off a couple of weeks ago... it does not lock into the reciever at all and the on;y reason i knew it was loose is because i went to see what kind of pattern AA buckshot had in it and i picked it up out of the gun safe and the barrell came off...i sent it to mossberg 2weeks ago and the said that they will give me a knew one....not to sound like i am intentionally bashing mossberg but this will be the last one i buy...i'll stick to my remingtons and brownings forever now...not to say that all mossbergs are cheap and sorrow but after having one and comparing it with my other brands..they just don't size up to them in weight and in the quality built. I just hate it that my first expierince with this company was a bad one....but it is in the back of my head now that it will happen again. I am just glad that i pulled the gun out by the barrel, God only knows what would have happened if i would have actually shot it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.