Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here own a 9410 Shotgun? There are 5 different models to choose from I think. Which would be best for small game? It looks likes it would be as much fun a barrel of monkeys. I also tried to find Marlins version on their website, but I couldn't locate it. Still made?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been giving my 9410 a pretty good workout this past Summer and Fall. I've got the Ranger model. It's the full size (24 inch barrel) model with the plain stock (no checkering) and no choke tubes. I find the fixed improved cylinder choke to be just about perfect for my needs. It completely fills out a 20" circle at 25 yards, while leaving space for 2 clays to get through on the top of the 30" circle (Oberfell patterning method). This is consistent with 7.5, 8 & 9 shot. It works well for me on squirrel, rabbits and grouse. I'm also a fan of the fiber-optic front sight; it helps me get on target faster. For larger critters, the Remington Sluggers group <4" for me at 50 yards (neither Winchester or Federal slugs do quite as well). The Marlin is currently in production, but I liked the "feel" of the Winchester better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts