Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Beretta 694
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emailed Coles today on availability on a A400 xcel with there trigger job bolt leaver and bolt handle and different color . The response was……

Our project is on a temporary hold as Beretta has just discontinued the Xcel as we know it. They will be coming out with another, but we don't expect to see them until the new year. Once they arrive in the states, we be able to break one down and see what we can do to make it better.
Stay tuned!
Kind regards,​

Anybody else hear of a new model coming ?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Yeah, that doesn't work for me. I hated the kickoff, still hate the kickoff, and refuse to buy a gun with the kickoff, integrated or not.

Also, I hate colorful guns, if I can't shoot clays and ducks with a semi auto it's fundamentally useless to me.

·
Registered
24,821 Posts
Yeah, that doesn't work for me. I hated the kickoff, still hate the kickoff, and refuse to buy a gun with the kickoff, integrated or not.

Also, I hate colorful guns, if I can't shoot clays and ducks with a semi auto it's fundamentally useless to me.
Guess you do not like the ISIS system either? Basically the same thing

·
Registered
Beretta 694
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The other post that JoM listed the photo does not look like a kick off . And was to come out this year 2021
Coles said 2020

·
Registered
359 Posts
I was kind of hoping to get a cerakoted Cole current model Xcel in the near future since I know the current kick-off pattern works with my neck and am a little surprised that the pipeline has dried up. Usually manufacturers have some old and some new models available for a while at least.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Guess you do not like the ISIS system either? Basically the same thing
I don't remember ever trying an ISIS – but I probably would if I tried one and loved it, because then I'd own one.

If I ever get to the point that I need to lower recoil to the degree that a lighter load, adding weight to my gun, or moving entirely to 28ga, doesn't work, I'll just quit, and then join a Cornhole, or Pickleball league.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I like Pickleball and Cornhole had a whole different meaning when I was a kid growing up in Texas.
I won't play cornhole just because of the name.

·
Registered
195 Posts
That image is the new style kickoff system. Look at an a400 upland, it uses the same style kickoff stock. Do you mean 'Coles said 2022'? Beretta is probably running behind like everyone else.

The other post that JoM listed the photo does not look like a kick off . And was to come out this year 2021
Coles said 2020

·
Registered
433 Posts
Eyewear Font Tints and shades Personal protective equipment Metal

Based on the photo in the link, looks like cosmetic changes. They did this with the 391, Urkia to Urkia 2, which did have some changes to the gas piston. And they introduced the the 391 Teknys with the optima barrel and chokes. I suspect the A400 platform will be around for several more years...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts