Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Doorknob said:
A question asked for discussion. If Browning was to reintroduce the A-5 to todays market would sales justify the costs? Would you buy a modern version of this venerable design? What about if Remington or Savage were to reintroduce their (slightly different) versions of Mr. Browning's masterpiece? There seems a lot of interest for A-5s on this website, what about the rest of the world in general?
Hi Doorknob,

as I'm a representative of „the rest of the world", here are my two cents:

no, I don't think, that a revival of the A5 would be a success. For several reasons:

1/ the A5 would be an expensive gun today. Is there a great number of hunters/shooters/collectors willing to pay a higher price? No, I don't think so.

2/ comparable revivals were a totally flop. Remember the revival of the Luger in the 70s by Mauser or by Krieghoff in the last years: too expensive, only few people really were interested in getting a brand new Luger.

3/ there are floating around too many (thousands!) of original "vintage" or true vintage A5s. What's the better gun for a number of people? The one having that certain "patina" and "smell of age". Again: compare with the Lugers: what is the more desirable one? The pre 1945 one or the brand new one? Personally, I wouldn't hesitate a second: the one having that certain patina would be my choice.

Regards

Martin

·
Registered
555 Posts
Amendment:

4/ In General, in the "rest of the world" (Europe) semi automatic shotguns aren't very popular - no matter, what brand/type. There are legal restrictions in some countries, in others they have a bad reputation. So, the "good ole days" are long ago (here, in the rest of the world) as far as semi automatics are concerned. And nobody in Europe would care much for a revival of the A5.

Regards

Martin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.