Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post a pic of this Mossberg 500 8 round shell holder. This is not a mockup, but the actual final product we will be offering. A while ago we posted some pics of a Remington with a 6 round holder. Those who have followed along know that these are 1 piece aluminum products. There is also no retainer so it never needs to be replaced for any reason. We will support Winchester 1300 shooters as well.

We are also going to offer an M4 stock version. We contacted Larry at Knoxx and sent a few prototype shots over to make sure we weren't violating any patents and let them know what we are up to. Larry was encouraging of our endevour and welcomed us into the fray.

Production is planned for January. Pricing will be in line with Tacstar products, only our stuff is all aluminum. We have more products we will be releasing soon and will post them here when available.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Winchester 1300/FN.
Very cool.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
looks good from the pics...

AND made in the USA... likin that!

hope sales are impressive

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Weeg said:
None for Benellis?

:(
Not yet. The plan is to offer what Tacstar offers in the coming year and be price competitive with them. For example, the 8 rounder shown would sell for about $40, 6 rounder for less than $30. In the coming weeks I'll have more pictures of the Remington 8 round and 6 round and the Winchester 8 round. Looks like my partner is picking up a CNC early in the new year so new products will be available faster...and for less money.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sparrow said:
Weeg said:
None for Benellis?(
Not yet. The plan is to offer what Tacstar offers in the coming year and be price competitive with them.
Sorry to hear this. Tacstar currently offers a 4-shot side saddle for the Nova. Does this mean we can expect a similar product from you in the new year?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jediagh said:
What is the difference between the Raven "x" shot holder (1st pic in this post) and the ones that Mesa Tactical is offering?
It is different, and that was the plan in many respects. Here is the run down and a better picture. The last three holes are distorted where you can see inside. When you read on, you'll understand why.

Raven holders are a 1 piece design. This eliminates anything coming loose. We learned this from Tacstar (who actually offer replacement screws for their holders). No screws is less problems, simply that.
"What holds the shells in place?" I'm sure you would ask next. Right now, we are doing a provisional patent application and the details (detailed pictures and description of the design) can't be shown at this time. This is why we distorted the last 3 holes. We didn't go with a retainer tube for a number of reasons. We researched it, asked peoples opinions, read the posts on the forums, tried it and decided against it. We offer an alternative. I can tell you that it holds the shells up or down and they are easy to put in and take out. No twisting, no hang ups, no instructions needed. No retainer tube is less problems.
We had the holder designed so that it would not overlap the receiver. We could actually make a 9 shell holder that would be completely within the confines of the receiver profile on the Mossberg. We wanted to leave space for Surefire fore ends without any modifications to the holder or the fore end. That was one concern mentioned by a few people that we wanted to address with the 8 shell holder.
We have a design to mount a shell holder on the right side as well. I don't know if that is offered by Mesa Tactical or not. If not now, I'm sure they will in the future.
There is a price difference as well since we really want to convert the Tacstar users and upgrade them to a better shell holder design for a few dollars more. The 8 round will be less than $40, 6 round for less than $30. The price difference is due to manufacturing savings due to the design differences and the fact that we do our own coatings. Speaking of which, we also offer 3 colors and will be offering powder coating in those colors as well. Our CNC will help with development costs, and we will do some manufacturing that may lower even that price, but the product development over the coming year is what we are after with that.
Other than that...they are both 6061 aluminum, hard coat anodized and they both hold shotgun shells. Did I mention that we offer 20 gage as well?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cleric said:
Sparrow said:
Weeg said:
None for Benellis?(
Not yet. The plan is to offer what Tacstar offers in the coming year and be price competitive with them.
Sorry to hear this. Tacstar currently offers a 4-shot side saddle for the Nova. Does this mean we can expect a similar product from you in the new year?
Yes, anything Tacstar offers will be offered by us in the coming year.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've been looking for a receiver-mounted shell holder. I've looked at 3GunGear, waiting to see Mesa Tactical's, and of course Tac-Star's.

I'll put my purchase on hold until I see this. Sounds very interesting though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Do you know if the stock shell holder will be compatible with the Knoxx Spec Ops? and if you can, further elaborate on how it mounts to the stock? If not I understand :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Shane916 said:
Do you know if the stock shell holder will be compatible with the Knoxx Spec Ops? and if you can, further elaborate on how it mounts to the stock? If not I understand :D
We were planning on offering for the SpecOps. It was one of the reasons I wrote to CaCrusin (Larry) and sent him pictures the day they made their post, to make sure there was no patent infringement. It was already in the works and prototypes made when they announced, which is why I could send pictures of the finished product the same day. Understand that the Knoxx system offers a lot more than just a shell holder. That said, it is made to fit the contoures of the stock itself and attaches through the sling loop. This way it is removable. Look for it in February. It is one of the products we will do our own CNC production on to keep the cost down.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sparrow said:
Yes, anything Tacstar offers will be offered by us in the coming year.
Wahoo! Can't wait. I have to say that your offering looks the most indestructable of the grouping and I'm excited to get one into use. I hope you skip the 4-round (all that Tacstar offers) and offer up a 6 instead.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sparrow said:
Weeg said:
None for Benellis?

:(
Not yet. The plan is to offer what Tacstar offers in the coming year and be price competitive with them. For example, the 8 rounder shown would sell for about $40, 6 rounder for less than $30. In the coming weeks I'll have more pictures of the Remington 8 round and 6 round and the Winchester 8 round. Looks like my partner is picking up a CNC early in the new year so new products will be available faster...and for less money.
Soooo....pics of the Remington 8 shell? And will it be around $40 as well?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We are curently awaiting our CNC purchase to be able to produce our product line. We ran into a few things we didn't know, such as increasing the concrete thickness in the floor and adding additional power to the shop to supply it. There is quite a cost involved but worth it in the long run to bring in-house quality control products to market at an affordable price. I hear too many stories of outsourced delays, quality and other problems that don't show up until you have to ship. Since we do everything in-house, including the anodizing and powder coating, we can do products with greater attention to detail because we take a hands on approach instead of leaving it to someone else. As for a time line, it is currently unknown but I expect a couple of months to get everything set up.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts