Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#1.) Is the wingmaster bolt chrome?

#2.) Is there a finish on the wingmaster chrome bolt so it wont rust?

#3.)Will the wingmaster bolt fit the 870 express 12ga shotgun?

#4.) What makes the wingmaster bolt better then the express bolt?

#5.) How much can I expect to pay for a wingmaster bolt?

#6) What are the pros and cons about switching out the express bolt to the wingmaster bolt and why do people do this????

·
Registered
421 Posts
1) yes
2) no
3) yes
4) It's not
5) 9.99 on ebay right now starting bid
6) color (ie polished look, matte look)

Just shoot the $h!t out of you express and it'll work in nicely!

Look, if I really wanted to, I could go out and buy 10 wingmasters or police models...........

I didn't.

I bought a slightly used (10 rounds) Express Magnum and shot the hell out of it. Saved 250.00. Got it?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am kinda going for looks, I thought the chrome might give it a nice touch.

Im just trying to find out a little info on it before I do the mod. I dont want to get it if im going to have rust issues with it.

·
Premium Member
20,272 Posts
dasanii19 said:
I am kinda going for looks, I thought the chrome might give it a nice touch.

Im just trying to find out a little info on it before I do the mod. I dont want to get it if im going to have rust issues with it.
You would have to neglect it pretty badly in order to have "rust issues" with the chrome bolt.

·
Registered
421 Posts
If looks are what you're after, go for it.
Remember.......any metal left unattended is prone to oxidation, pitting or rust. Keep it maintained and it will last much longer than you.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Actually.......I see wingmasters offered with nickel plated bolts.

I don't know which (nickel/chrome) is better.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I suppose you could build an expressmaster for about $100 including an aluminum trigger group, but no need to do it right now. Just wait for ebay deals. I MIGHT but a tool steel extractor, but I like the black bolt look on my express.

If Remington wanted to impress people, the should sell chrome lined barrels. Now those are nice to have.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
BTW, if you want to get this 'Did I buy the right SG?' syndrome handled, I'd recommend a used Wingmaster so you can just kick and drag the express around as a range/truck gun untill you stop worrying about if the cast extractor and plastic trigger will last long enough for you grandchildren to use.

pretty much made me forget I even have an express. I think it is in the bottom of my lock box.

·
Registered
421 Posts
mike100 said:
BTW, if you want to get this 'Did I buy the right SG?' syndrome handled, I'd recommend a used Wingmaster so you can just kick and drag the express around as a range/truck gun untill you stop worrying about if the cast extractor and plastic trigger will last long enough for you grandchildren to use.
Absolutely, 100% correct. Couldn't have said it better, Mike.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mike100 said:

pretty much made me forget I even have an express. I think it is in the bottom of my lock box.
I know I bought the right shotgun :D I love my 870, I shoot it almost every day being I live a block away from BLM land. I just like to mod my stuff out a little so it doesnt look like everyone elses. Plus its just plan old fun to try different things and If I dont like it I just throw it on ebay. I havent been in the shotgun hobby that long but now that I am I love it. Before shotguns I was into ATV's ,I had a $8000 quad that was ripped off, no insurance no nothing. I think I made a right move buying my 870.

·
Registered
421 Posts
If you had the 870 before the quad...........you might still have the quad :!: :wink:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got my wingmaster bolt today and installed it, went in like butter. I like how it looks. :D

Ill post pictures of everything when I get a chance, heres all I have/going to have. My shotgun will then be complete
:D

18" police bbl

Chrome wingmaster bolt

Wilson 1 shot mag

Specops stock with Hogue rubber grip sleeve

tacstar 4 shot side saddle

Surefire either 618fa or 816fa, not sure what one yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.