Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a very clean 16 ga Sterlingworth with serial no. 352214. Phila, PA gun. Sterlingworth fluid compressed steel barrels. 28". Double triggers. Could someone give me an idea on the date of birth for this baby. thanks

G

·
Thank you for the quick response. I am taking her out this afternoon to see if she likes dove. This is a very light gun and I believe from what I have been able to deduce from reading that it is built on a 20 ga frame. The stampings on the barrels and action are so clear that it looks like the gun was hardly taken out of the closet. The points on the checkering are very sharp as well. Blue has to be 95-100 % and there is some case coloring still showing. I am very happy with it so far. I hope I can shoot it as well as it deserves. thanks again grace's dad. ps Grace is my four year old black lab. She got very excited when I took it out of the car.

G

·
Those older Fox guns came with a lot of drop in the butt stock. When you shoot it stand up straight and dont lean into the gun. If you have a hard time shooting like this you might have to put a slip on cheek pad on the gun. Sounds like a Very nice gun...enjoy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.