Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the local hardware/sporting goods store this past Saturday just to look around. The guy behind the gun counter offered me a 20 ga. Citori Lightning for $1228 new in the box. I already had a 12 ga. Lightning, so I bought the 20 to keep the twelve company. Haven't shot it yet, but what a sweet handling o/u !!

I feel like I got a good deal too !

·
Registered
234 Posts
I would say you got a pretty good deal. About $150-$200 cheaper than it would be by my dealer. Hope you enjoy it. I just bought a Satin Hunter 3.5" for ducks and geese. Now I just need a 525 for sporting and a lightning feather for pheasants! :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Corrections243 said:
I would say you got a pretty good deal. About $150-$200 cheaper than it would be by my dealer. Hope you enjoy it. I just bought a Satin Hunter 3.5" for ducks and geese. Now I just need a 525 for sporting and a lightning feather for pheasants! :D
I got a Satin Hunter as well.

I think it's a great gun. The fit on it amazes me.

Whats the deal with this run of guns? Why is there no information on their web site about these guns?

Looks like a short run of new old stock with nothing more about em.

Can anyone tell me anything about these guns and what they where intended for?

Do they maintain value?

I paid $1,100. for mine, is that a decent price?

Thanx,

Jeff

·
Registered
234 Posts
nm156- I payed $1100.00 for mine as well. Originally when I was looking at these guns I had problems finding them even on the internet. The main problem was that I was calling it something else. I am assuming your satin hunter has a lightning forearm on it right? The catalog Satin Hunter had the hunter style forearm (big beavertail). The gun we have was named in the catalog as a Sporting Hunter. The Sporting Hunter had the lightning forearm and had a wider rib. And I am 100% certain on this, because when I worked at Gander Mt. I sold a guy a Sporting Hunter because his K-80 broke down the day before, and he was shooting in a three day tourney. The problem with all of this is that these guns we are talking about were in normal production probably between 1990 and 2001. I may be off by a couple years give or take, but I know I am close. I don't know why they redid the Sporting Hunter and named it the Satin Hunter, but sure am glad. I pretty much thought I had screwed up by not buying one then. But I can gaurantee you they cost more than $1100.00 back then too. We should be so lucky. And if you ever get mad when people ask you why you bought a 3.5" O/U and how bad it will kick, just tell them that that is why you buy 8.5lb 0/Us, not 7lb. :) All in all, I think this is the best value for a "waterfowl" O/U. The Beretta 686 Onyx 3.5" (which they don't make anymore either) is a well made gun, but it only weighs about 7lbs. I shot my Great Uncle's in North Dakota a couple months ago, and even though the limbsaver pad helped a lot, a lot wasn't enough. I haven't shot my Citori yet, but will soon and I'll give some feedback when that happens. Enjoy your Citori!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not sure what style of fore grip is what but I don't have any rib on mine.

I just took it out again today to do some upland and I sure do like it.

According to the serial # it's made in 06.

Any idea how many where made? I wonder why just a short run.

Any other info / history on it is appreciated.

Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Mine was made in 06' as well. As far as I know, this was probably a SHOT Show special. Usually I think they only make between 1,000-2,000 for Shot Show guns. I could be wrong though. Like I said before, I'm just happy I found one. It suits me perfectly duck/goose hunting. It'll probably be my main fun for Sporting and Trap as well. Just can't go wrong with an O/U. If I find out anymore info on our guns I'll let you know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts