Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
ithacanut said:
The bottom one in 1977's post is a pre war plug with the paper label.
I have them in spades--what ere do you want, what gauge and how much are you willing to pay?
I recall one of my grandfather's having a plug with the spring and instructions and it was almost black from oil and time. On the 37's I grew up with the plug was removed each year when the deerslayer barrel was put on and usually lost. My father taught me how to whittle a hardwood stick and bevel the ends with a pocket knife to replace one. Back then everyone seemed to carry a pocket knife, I still do.

Need a 12 ga. 1940 prewar for sure. And should for the 16 ga. 1949 and 1962. I am leaving Sunday for the North Shore of Lake Superior grouse hunting for a week, back for less than 2 weeks, then SD for 2 weeks waterfowl and pheasant hunting. When things slow down I will contact you I don't want them sitting in my mailbox while I'm gone!

What are they worth? Well no one will ever see them or know except for me. But it will now drive me crazy until I do something about it. Please save me at least a 12 ga. prewar Walt, I'll take it as long as it is somewhat reasonable.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Those are nice. My '39 Featherweight came from the pawn shop with a tapered dowel from an old chair, lacquered in the middle and whittled down at the ends. I kinda like it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.