Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went by the gander in Texarkana today.

They still had a browning a5 light 20 there that I had seen about 6 months ago. It still had the same price on it. I inquired if they could do a little better on it since the receiver was parkerized--poorly to say the least, the stock was dark brown and scuffed and the forearm was light brown and worse, the barrel was blued but not so taken care of. It looked just awful. A shame for such a nice gun originally. They only wanted $849 for it. I saw a jap light 20/full choke which was in really nice shape in Shreveport for $800. I thought about buying it, as I wanted it badly. Looking at prices on gunbroker lately, the $800 isn't that bad, either. I don't have the $800 to spend, though. The gander mt. used gun prices are weird. It's like they don't have access to a used gun value book or the internet gun auction sites at hand. They also had a WM12 with simmons rib, full choke, 12 ga., aftermarket wood, reblued probably by simmons that was in pretty nice shape. They wanted $499 for it.
Strange stuff...
JBJ

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I think many of their prices reflect what they want to sell, and what they want to dump. It's easyer to sell used guns that you stock as new than something that is of a different mfg. or nolonger in production.
So they will put good prices on stuff thats odd or different.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was in my local Gander Mountain, looking through the used shotguns, when a Browning OU caught my eye. The tag indicated that it was a L25, and knowing there's no such model, I checked the bottom and found it was a 425 grade I with a 32 inch barrel. There price was $850.00. I went home and ran the serial number and dated it as a 1997 gun, I came back the next day and had them swab the barrel and they were clean, I asked them if they would lower the price and they said no, so I quietly laid down my money and purchased the shotgun. They still listed it as a L25 on the receipt, so they obviously didn't know what they were selling. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.