Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for hd im wanting to get an 870, then mount a pistol grip and tactical light. i havent decided what style i want for the fore grip. heres an idea of the stock ill put on it...
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SHT404-19840-993.html
i havent decided on a light yet either, nor the sling. what are some suggestions and/or thoughts. then for a concealed carry pistol i want either a walther P99 or a beretta 96 [in .40 s&w]
now for when i go backpacking and/or huntingi want a ruger blackhawk in .357mag/.38 spcl.

my only limitation is my lack of funds :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
An 870 is a good choice. I'm not real big on doo-dads on a HD gun. 18-20 inch barrel, factory stocks (I prefer synthetic). That's about it. If you want, maybe a mag extension. I guess lights are a personal choice. I don't have one on any of mine. The 870 Express comes in a HD version with the short barrel, synthetic furniture and a factory 2-shot mag extension already on it. I found one like new in a pawn shop awhile back and got it for $300 OTD. You may can do slightly better than this if you shop around. I personally HATE a pistol grip on a shotgun. Had one on my Mossberg when I was younger, shot it some, HATED it. Took it off. Tried a folder too. HATED it. Now, it's strictly conventional stocks for me. Did quite a bit of dove hunting when I was younger, so a regular stock just feels right to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.