Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite my best efforts, I have been unable to remove the bolt handle from my A400 20 gauge lite. Pushing the rotating head back and tugging. I have removed it on my 391 dozens of times. It is tight with 0 wiggle to it, The gun is new and isn't cycling properly. I am trying to disassemble and see if something is wrong underneath. The bolt handle only has a few thousandths between it and the receiver. Any ideas?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've used needle nose pliers before, when I can't get mine to budge. But you need the clearance to position them underneath the actual handle part. If yours is that close to the receiver, something sounds wrong.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Wrap the bolt handle with leather or heavy cloth so you don't mark it up with pliers. Put a drop of oil in there too. It should come come out with the pliers. Should loosen up a bit once you take it in and out a few times.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cord plus pliers did the trick. It was tight going back in. The bottom of the bolt rails was rough and wavy. Smooth as glass now. Thanks for your feedback and your help. Mike

·
Registered
706 Posts
I wrapped mine with painters tape to make it thicker and easier to grab with my fingers and it came right out. I have 3 A400's and an AL2 and only 1 of them gives me grief with the bolt handle the rest pop right out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you have slow motion feature on your phone take a few video's {from the side looking down into action} while someone else is shooting it. take two videos one that . You might see something helpful

1 - 10 of 10 Posts