Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was asked to move this from the general forum into here. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

New to the forum and it looks like I will be visiting often. Was searching the internet reguarding a Browning Light Twelve A5 that was given to me when my father-in-law passed away. My first question is regarding the mfg date. I saw on the Browning site how to go about this and my only question is this. It looks like the mfg date is 1954-55, being the # on the gun is L 88276, but on the chart at http://www.browning.com/services/dategu ... .asp?id=13 it shows L1 - L83000 Why is my # higher than shown?

My second question is reguarding the sight bead. It is the only thing missing on the gun. It does look to have been threaded in and I am guessing it was white. Can anyone fill me in on this and where I might find a replacement?

Thanks in advance for your help. I own a Browning Gold 12 ***** autoloader, but this is my first A5. A very nice looking gun.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Because....the Browning site does a horrible job of identifying manufacturing dates....

L88276 was shipped by FN in the first half of 1956.

Site beads were brass and should be available through many sources but I would recommend Midwest, who advertises on this site and in the process helps make this site possible.

Jeff

·
Registered
23 Posts
On your front bead I would contact Browning for a replacement. There service center is outstanding. I lost the front insert on my BPS and they sent me one for free. I also have ask them some questions, they always seem more than willing to help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.