Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father in law bought this brand new around the 80s! Please help me identify it. I cannot understand how to decipher the serial or what the barrel markings mean! Also any clue on its market price would be welcome! It has golden trigger and different type of metal around the trigger mechanism! Aluminum color like! Total shotgun weight unloaded 3.13 kgr!
The barrel on one side exactly reads: SPECIAL STEEL 12GA. SHELLS_23/4" *
On the other side the barrel exactly reads:
BROWNING ARMS COMPANY MORGAN, UTAH & MONTREAL PQ
MADE IN BELGIUM BY FABRIQUE NATIONALE HERSTAL
After that it has some crownlike markings and other i cannot describe and what i can read is: 1kg 152 then 12-70 then 18.4
Underneath the barrel reads: L NP CHR.
And finally the serial on the bottom of the shotgun (next to the loader) reads:
PM121FN
(I am not sure if its 1 or I)
Thanks in advance guys!!!

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Possibly the serial number is PM151FN?

Reason I ask is PM is a 1980 year of manufacture and 151 would be the code for Light 12 or a 2 3/4" gun.

I am curious to see what the experts have to say about the rest, because the made in Belgium and the FN in the serial number have me very curious.

The 12-70 is for 12ga 70 is mm for 2 3/4", 18.4 is the bore diameter and the * is the code for full choke.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I believe CHR stands for chromed barrel 121 should be a model type and FN is the manufacturer. its hard to find out much info on superlights but if you can get pictures on it may help with any info someone might know.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Here is some other serial number info on my guns, one reads 72 small numbers then 39646 bigger numbers 72 year of manufacture and then the serial number fn in the circle above it there is a T39646 on the bottom of the barrel and70 T on the trigger group. straight stock on this gun. other one reads 69 small numbers then80414 serial number. o l 9 on front of trigger group regular stock, flat knob. maybe this will help someone!

·
Registered
82 Posts
golda5 said:
Here is some other serial number info on my guns, one reads 72 small numbers then 39646 bigger numbers 72 year of manufacture and then the serial number fn in the circle above it there is a T39646 on the bottom of the barrel and70 T on the trigger group. straight stock on this gun. other one reads 69 small numbers then80414 serial number. o l 9 on front of trigger group regular stock, flat knob. maybe this will help someone!
I was just looking at an Auto 5 that's for sale near me. It's got the serial number in the same format; small 67 then 354XX. 1967 manufacture then?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.