Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what I think might work for those Master Class shooters who are moved down in class.

Set up a new class between Master and AA. I called it Master 2 but there is probably a better name for it.

Master class shooters who are moved down would be put in this new class instead of AA. This class in only for those Master class shooters moving down.

AA shooters cannot move up into this class. They would go into Master class as it is now.

Once a former Master class shooter is moved into this new class they must get something like 8 punches to move back to Master class. If they aren't competitive (no punches in the current shooting year) then they can be moved back to AA for the new shooting year.

I think this will help the AA shooters by not having so many former Master class shooters to compete with.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Shane-O said:
Bring 'em back to AA Class, we welcome the option money!
I agree... just because they punched up to M doesen't mean they will always beat the current AA shooters.

Just look at the scores of any big shoot to see that a lot of AA's beat a lot of M's.

Besides, just how many classes would we end up with ? M-2, M, GrandMaster, Elite ? Wheres it end .........

·
Registered
151 Posts
Shane-O said:
Hey Paul we can start giving participation ribbons too!
Yeah .... EVERYBODY wins something !!!! :lol:

battuebaby said:
Create a new concurrent for between Master and AA called "AM". We surely don't have enough of them, right?

I have a name for it, but it's not fit to print. :lol:
LMAO .... you got that right.... we need something for the between 22 and 54 year old males anyway. :eek:

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
This might seem cold ( It is not my intent), but if the "new" AA cannot beat those "OLD master" class shooters that move down, they don't deserve the move up to Master at all!!!!

I've gone both up and down so I know both sides. I had to beat the "old masters class" guys to get up to Master.
And I've competed again against new AA for punches to go back!

That is what Class movement is all about. What about those poor A class guys that have to shoot agianst the former AA guys that were moved down!

( I'll say it again, if you are not HOA, you really didn't WIN. You won your participation class!)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Everyone wants to add new classes, yet they complain when there isn't enough shooters in class to earn any punches. Any what about con-currents? What's next, adding a super-duper senior class, a class for lefties, etc. At least we're not as complicated as Skeet. Who doesn't qualify for some type of con-current there?

·
Registered
11,901 Posts
Forty shooters, forty classes, everybody's a winner (or is that weiner) .

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Maybe the NSCA should change the rule book to be like FITASC and just have one open class for everyone between a certain age. Then the clubs could be like, "Look you should appreciate the class purses we offer because we don't have to!" :lol:

·
Registered
241 Posts
ysr_racer said:
Forty shooters, forty classes, everybody's a winner (or is that weiner) .
{RO {RO {RO {RO {P^ {CR8 There ya go! I believe we have enough classes! Throw in concurrents and its getting rediculous. If the guys that are masters can't cut the mustard in that class, they must be AA in my mind. Think of it like kids......Just cause you get rid of 'em once doesn't mean that you can't get them back.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Seems to me people will complain regardless of which side of the fence they are on (AA or M). If people punch into M before they are ready due to sub gauge punches they should be prepared to take their lumps in M. If they can't compete no matter how much they practice, oh well. Maybe they don't have the "shooting gene" and accept it. AA against old M may seem like the old M's are sandbagging. Get better, practice more, get instruction. The $ only flows one way in this sport - out of your pocket. As in any sport, game, hobby; you only get better when you compete against and with those that are better than you. You certainly don't become a better shooter by going back to AA class to "feel" better. That is one opinion.

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Maybe there's a problem with the punch system and the right to refuse to be bumped down.

Our (CPSA) system classifies shooters twice yearly based on their averages over the previous 6 months. The strength of the system is that cutoff scores can be adjusted to maintain the steps between the classes. The weakness of course is that it's more open to sandbagging.

The top class is AAA; to get there (and stay there) you have to very, very good and very, very consistent. Currently, to reach or maintain an AAA classification you have to average 87% or better, and there are no "soft" registered shoots.

It's not easy to get exact numbers but I'd estimate that, of the regular competitors, less than 10% are AAAs. It really is the elite group.

·
Registered
14,373 Posts
1. 10% AAA in the UK---sounds like you guys are shooting soft and fluffy targets :wink:

2. 7% M class in the US and we have 50% less shooters than you do.

3. thus we are the ELITE--admit it. :idea:

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Trickster said:
of the regular competitors, less than 10% are AAAs. It really is the elite group.
Well sera, the key word is "regular". Of the 25k or so CPSA members, far less than half would seem to shoot any registered at all, and of those that do, most don't shoot them all that often. I see around, and occasionally shoot with, about a dozen registered competitors but only 2 of them shoot more than 6 or 7 times per year.

Soft & fluffy :lol: You know better than that...

Of course you're the ELITE. You're Americans - it's obvious - you've got to be, have to be.. :p

That's the truth isn't it. :wink:

·
Registered
14,373 Posts
Trickster: Just fooling around.

The Brits are the top shooters.Period. I have shot around a few of them and it is a thing of beauty to watch.

There's some video on the Net of Mr Faulds MBE....that shows a style that is purrrrrfect.

·
Registered
14,373 Posts
shane: My wife found it and showed it to me.....in a word ....smooth.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.