Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lookin at gettin a Franchi 612 26" barrel,camo
I've heard nothing but great things about this gun- the only thing i heard people having problems with is that the gun jams cause they dont clean out the packing grease good enough. And after they do, never a problem again. That ain't bad. If yall have any comments on this gun, I would greatly appreciate em. Oh!, one more thing, Does anyone know if the 612 will handle steel shot? and I've never owned a synthetic stock before, is there anything else that needs maintnence other than the internals,barrel,and choke?

G

·
I've had mine for about a month. Mine shot great right out of the box. I did a pre-shoot inspection of the factory new firearm and noted no excessive grease or lube anywhere. I would be weary of removing any factory lubrication. As a matter of fact, I always use tetra gun grease on the slide after a cleaning. As far as steel shot goes, yes, it is safe; the gun has a chrome lined barrel and choke tubes approved for steel. I am very satisfied. It is a beautiful gun that is light and cycles everything flawlessly for a remarkable price. I will be buying a 620VS for my girlfriend in about 2 weeks.

G

·
BTW....there is no additional maintenance required with a synthetic stock. Wood definitely needs more attention. I went with the satin walnut because I think the added maintenance is worth it. I actually hunted with mine in a light rain last weekend-covered from muzzle to buttplate in saran wrap :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.