Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps discussed previously, but I could not find it here or on cg website. If so, point me in the right direction please…

Do all Caesars share the same action?From summit on up to…invictus? I believe, correct if wrong, none have drop out trigger. Are the actions rebuildable with wear, such as the higher end guns like Zoli, K, P, etc ?

I’m considering one and want a gun that can be handed down many years from now if I like it that much. But don’t want to pay for wood and engraving, I’m buying a tool at this point. It seems by the cg website mostly what you’re paying for with the higher end guns is aesthetics? Thank you.

· Registered
29,945 Posts
Yes, the Invictus is its own design. All CG's have lifetime warranties. As to how many rounds a standard CG will go, I have no idea. Orvis uses them as rental guns, and with proper maintenance there are 600,000 round CG's out there. For more info, you might want to contact CG directly, or August Crocker. August M. Crocker Fine Guns

· Registered
5,362 Posts
Summit and Magnus along with all the standard range are rebuildable in much the same way as a 686 or Citori. The hinge pins are replaceable and so is the locking bolt. The way to minimise wear is to keep it tight by (a) lubing it properly (No surprise there!) and (b) if it starts to get a bit floppy on opening have it tightened by fitting a larger spacer in the forend, just like a DT10.

The Invictus has a redesigned hinge mechanism, as above, and a couple of extra replaceable bits like the action floor which incorporates the recoil shoulders. The rest of the Invictus action and in fact all the rest of the gun is exactly the same as any other contemporary CG model.

· Registered
5,362 Posts
I got to shot an Invictus for a couple hundred rounds and the action and trigger were noticeably different than my Summit sporting. The Invictus is definitely an upgrade.
I used the word contemporary because CG have made a number of minor upgrades to the trigger system just as they have to things like the barrel selector. A 2022 Summit will have the same trigger system as a 2022 Invictus.

I have personally shot my flat rib 32" Challenger alongside a flat rib 32" Invictus 7 and also compared mine with another friend's 32" Invictus 3. The only difference any us could notice was the checkering on the Invictus models was much sharper.

I'm not in any sense criticising the Invictus, in fact I'm seriously contemplating treating myself to one next year. But I'll never part with my Challenger!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts