Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys, I can't afford the Knoxx, so I am looking into other options besides ATI. First of all, what is the word on the ATI collapsible stock? Good, bad, or indifferent? The cost isn't much so I thought I'd ask. Also, do any of you have any sources for adapters for a CAR-type stock that will work with a Maverick? I want that type of stock for the adjustable length, etc. Plus, I saw what I think is a good idea for a sling that I want to try out and it wouldn't work with a folding stock.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know you said that you can't afford a Knoxx stock, but I would urge you to reconsider. I have a SpecOps on my 870 and it is almost as good as everyone says. It does significantly reduce the recoil. You are still shooting a 12 gauge, but it doesn't hurt nearly so much. You can pick one up for around $120. I would say that you should save up for the Knoxx. I have a total of three loose stocks for my 870 lying around, including a very solid Choate top folder, and they are all going on eBay.

Everyone that owns a shottie and has shot my SpecOps has said they were going to order one. It really is that good.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may do just that, but in the meantime, I want something usable that won't kill me. I don't mind a little punch, but I don't want to be hit harder at the back than whoever/whatever at the front.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have one that I would let go cheap. Includes a 1 1/4" recoil pad. The only reason I took it off my m590 was because of the issue with the safety pos. It's not an issue with the maverick.I found out after I purchased another stock that the maverick trigger and safety group would swap with an m590's. Too late! I have a short LOP stock, single point sling, Im in love all over again.Let me know if your interested in it, I'll give you more details plus pics.

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
most any top folding stock works good but stay away from side folder cuz most of em can cause ejection problems if they fold towards the ejection port

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maser said:
most any top folding stock works good but stay away from side folder cuz most of em can cause ejection problems if they fold towards the ejection port
Well, that is what I was saying. I don't want a folder, I want the adjustable-length CAR-type stock.

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
lol sorry soonerpgh i read ur post the wrong way :roll:

*puts on his dunce cap*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.