Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new silver pigeon s and want to add 18 oz. in total. 9 oz. in the stock is no problem. However I'm unsure how to add the other 9 oz in the front. I thought about a clamp on barell weight but want to try to avoid that as I love the way the gun looks. There is a little room along side the middle rib between the rib and the forend where I thought I could slip in a little lead but I don't think there is enough room. How would you guys add the 9 oz. in the forend. I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
There is supposedly some lead tape that golfers use on their clubs that might work, but I doubt seriously you'd get 9 oz. in there. The clamp-on is probably your best alternative unless you want to go ahead and buy some sub-gauge inserts (Briley or Kolar).

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
You can get quite a bit of the lead tape in there... I'm not sure it will total 9 ounces, but it has to be close to that. You can also line the inside of the foreend. Go one layer at a time to make sure the foreend will still go onto the gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.