Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a right minded shooter. I'm also left eyed dominant. I had always hunted, but for the last few years I went to the sporting clays range two or three times a year. I decided to get a shotgun for that game and to learn about skeet shooting. I bought my first O/U shotgun recently. I took it to the range without trying the gun and shot a horrible score. I then went to the patterning board and adjusted the comb. A trusted friend who knows much more about shotguns helped me. The comb is all the way to the left. I went to a beginner's skeet class with the comb in that setting and the instructor said that it looked fine when the gun was mounted. I thought I shot well. The gun felt fine. My question is should I be concerned about the comb? BTW the gun is a Fabarm Elos N2 Sporting. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
In essence you're shooting a right-handed stock like a cross-over stock ?
In most cases , there would be to much Cast-ON for most shooters to be comfortable !
There's a better way but it will take a little time / practice ! Shoot Left Handed , the value of doing this
pays in dividends as you progress and a Skeet Field will help you more than a Sporting target .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am shooting left handed. My comment about being a right minded shooter was a poor attempt at humor. My only concern right now is damaging the comb by having it àdjusted all the way to the left (port side) of the gun. I really am serious when I ask your forgiveness for my ignorance. My shotgun experience is limited to a couple of Remington's and a couple of Benellis. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,279 Posts
. My only concern right now is damaging the comb by having it àdjusted all the way to the left (port side) of the gun.
Keep the comb tight and you have nothing to worry about. There are many of those systems out there with no issues.
Steve

Reactions: Ravenanme

·
Registered
20 Posts
I shoot the same as you with the comb all the way to to the left. Works good for me and doesn't harm the gun at all. That's why the comb is adjustable. I am right handed but left eye dominant and have shot left handed since I was a kid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts