Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've kinda sorted my purchase to a Benelli M1 or Bretta Extrema. I will definitely be Turkey hunting with these, maybe a small amount of skeet/trap and even possibly used in a 3 gun match (.45, ar15 & shotgun) Got any advise??

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
I tried to answer this the other day, but it appears to have been lost in cyber space. Wonder if they could do a movie about that, sorta based on Tron and Inside Space or whatever that movie that Martin Short was in......anywayThe Beretta AL391 Extrema is a 3.5" gun and is gas operated. The Benelli M1 Super 90 is a 3" recoil operated gun.Both will do what you want. I prefer the Benelli as it is lighter, has no ports nor gas seals to keep clean, and points better for me. I have shot skeet, sporting clays, trap, and turkeys with mine along with lots of other critters, so I know the gun is capable of what you are asking D"> The fore end on a 390 or a A391 doesn't feel right to me, they are long, like on a Gold 10 gauge and thick feeling....and I'm not sure how that rubber grippy stuff on the stock is going to hold up over time, seems like it would get snagged or ripped and I'm sure full of fuzz from a cleaning cloth or soft case. I'm not sure if the 391 comes with the stock shims or not, but I would be surprised if it didn't.Unless you just have to have the 3.5" the 3" will do all you ask of it, and that means you could check the 390 or standard 391 for fit and less cost. There is a fine line between a hobby and insanity.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Bennelli has my vote, you said small amount of skeet or Trap. I shoot skeet in the off season ( once a month ) just trying to keep in practice with my, well this coming year, 11-87. Bennelli is a simple and straight forward design, that's been around for years. I've handled the shotgun, I like it for its construction and quality but, for me it's way too light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.