Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a browning xt trap that I like very much. I shoot skeet, sporting clays, and trap with it. I have all of the browning tubes that are available. My question is about after market tubes.

Is their any proof that the after market tubes will pattern any better? I have spoke with many people at my club with different tubes in different guns and the answer I got was pretty much no.

The only gripe I have with the current tubes is obviously they are harder to change out and the modified seems more like a lite modified at best.

Comments are welcome.

·
Registered
70 Posts
in my opinion and thats all it is is an opinion the factory chokes suck. i went to the hastings extended chokes and my scores have been more consistant. some friends of mine that own a gun club and i have miked some factory chokes and they are very inconsistant. as a matter of fact they take all of their factory chokes and hone them out and make cylinders out of them. its my understanding that the midas chokes from browning are made by briley which if thats the case they are probally pretty good but ive never used them so i would be guessing. i went with hastings mainly because they 25 dollars a piece and they were available from my buddy at the gun club. the cheaper flush mount chokes that browning has i just dont think they put alot of time in them to check for tolerances which is understandable since they are mass producing the things. hope this helps just my opinion jason

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its my understanding that the factory browing tubes are made by briley too. I have miked my tubes and they all seem right where they need to be except the modified. I made the assumption that the bore was .742. The modified was like a .17 constriction if I remember correctly.

I do have an older style bt99 with the short invector tubes. I use an x2 briley full in it and I honestly believe it shoots a much tighter pattern. There again, I have no proof.

I guess I need to pattern my guns.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.