Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this on another board but thought I should try here as well....

I have had this for awhile now and think I might start trying to get her back up and running.
It is a AH Fox 12ga that had the barrels cut to 19"(crappy hack job I might add), the rear stock is missing and the forearm wood damaged as well. I am looking to find another set of barrels, and wood so I can shoot her. I have all of the metal except the buttplate/pad and screws. The rec is in pretty good shape considering the age with minor rust spots but no pitting or real damage and it even retains a good amount of case colors which is nice. The serial dates the gun to 1921. So a couple questions;
Can anyone ID the gun by the pictures? Meaning the grade of it A-F.
Will the fitting of the barrels require much work or be extremely costly?
Thanks,
Jasong
Here are a few pics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please pardon my ignorance, but if you are refering the rec flats, then it is marked "A". I dont know enough about Fox guns to know if that is in fact the grade. The serial dates 1921 and Grade A-F, but this is an ejector gun which should have an "E" after the grade. This is however only what I have learned searching the net and dont know for sure. That is why I am here!

Thanks
JasonG

·
Registered
596 Posts
JasonG
This is a bit of a guess but: I think you have a "C" grade Fox. You might want to contact the place in Conn.(Classic Doubles?) that's making new high grade Fox guns and perhaps they can help you.
Normally I'd discourage someone from atttempting to restore a firearm in this condition; but in this case I think it's probably worth it.
Jim

·
Registered
596 Posts
JasonG
This is a bit of a guess but: I think you have a "C" grade Fox. You might want to contact the place in Conn.(Classic Doubles?) that's making new high grade Fox guns and perhaps they can help you.
Normally I'd discourage someone from atttempting to restore a firearm in this condition; but in this case I think it's probably worth it.
Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.