Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up this al390 sport with a 32" barrel. I took it apart to clean it and found a part that is not on any parts diagrams. Nor do I see it on any guns pictured online. It goes between the forend cover and the receiver. OR, the forend and forend cover. Anyone have a clue? Thanks
Wood Rectangle Font Art Tints and shades

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
It provides a ledge for the rear end of the forearm to locate in. Is that one cracked on the left?
The ones on my 303s dont have a gap like that. The screws that retain this do come loose and should be checked occasionally.

Reactions: Biggles and krimmie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought it might be cracked, but if it is, it's the cleanest crack I've ever seen. Are you saying it goes inside the forend cover? The previous owner had it on the outside. That would explain why I dont see it in pictures online.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Its a part that goes to an assembly that operated a plastic "paddle" that overlaid the bolt release button...by depressing the plastic "paddle", the bolt release button would close the bolt.

I had one of these and I believe it was called a Carey Closer.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I thought you were showing this part. Your part is non-factory and mounts next to it I believe.
Office equipment Wood Trigger Shotgun Revolver
Sleeve Fluid Gesture Thumb Finger

Reactions: Sam D

·
Registered
13 Posts
The 301/302/303 (not sure about the 390, having never owned one) were also plagued by loose forends - putting a spacer either inside or behind the forend cap as claysmoke shows is one solution to tightening things up. I actually wish I’d known that part existed - I’ve been using a piece of thin wool felt to take up the extra room, but this looks cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts