Shotgun Forum banner
101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Focus said:
soxrus..Just trying to help. After 94 posts on this subject no one has posted a State Shoot flyer or a link to iclays to promote your event until Candace just recently asked for information? OK, pa4476 posted your ( SSC ) flyer a while back and now info has been revised. Spend some time promoting instead of CYA on this forum!
http://www.bamaclays.com

http://bamaclays.com/files/2011 Alabama State Championship.pdf

http://www.iclays.com/cgi-bin/tournament_signup.cgi?tournament_id=1377&shooter_id=

·
Registered
67 Posts
FYI ......

Jeff Vick has generously donated the rental of the Civic Center in Heflin and Danny and Denise White have donated the food for an informal banquet on Saturday night Aug. 6th. If you are an Alabama resident, please attend as there will be an assocation meeting after !!!

If your not an Alabama resident, PLEASE attend also as we would love to show you some true Southern Hospitality and fellowship !!!

Also, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Richard Patty at Shotgun Sports for his sponsorship of "High Overall Alabama Resident, Ladies and Mens" ....... Each will recieve 500.00 for their achievements plus any additional monies earned from normal tournament pay-outs !!!!

Stay tuned for more exciting news about additional "Alabama Resident" prizes !!!

Be Safe All, Jimmy Baker
NSCA #604279

·
Registered
13 Posts
soxrus said:
I will have Denise to post the local hotels giving discounts later today !?!?

Be Safe All, Jimmy Baker
NSCA #604279
Good Afternoon!

Here is a list of Hotels in Oxford Alabama, they are located aproximately 12 miles from Circle W.
1. Marriott - Fairfield Inn and Suites 256-831-1921
2. Courtyard Marriott 256-831-7995
3. Holiday Inn Express 256-835-8768
4. Jameson Inn 256-835-2170
5. Hampton Inn 256-831-8958
6. Comfort Suites 256-835-8873
7. Hilton Gardens 256-831-0083
Some of the restaurants located around these hotels are......Lonestar, Long Horn, Olive Garden, Cracker Barrell, Fuji's Japanese (my absolute favorite), Yume', Mellow Mushroom, Wendy's, Arby's, Golden Corral, Los Mexicanos (awesome Mexican food), IHOP, O'Charleys, Outback Steakhouse just to name a few.

However, don't forget!!!!!!! Jeff Vick stepped up "BIG TIME" and rented the Heflin Recreation Center just for you for a Saturday night banquet! So make plans to attend!! Great time of fellowship and we will be grillin up some scrumptious food!! Thank you Jeff for your AWESOME support to our association!!

We are excited and looking forward to the 2011 Alabama State Sporting Clays Championship!!
Have a blessed day!
Denise

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello friends,
I have two things...........
1. Please look at the squadding and make sure you are squadded with who you want to shoot with and that the time is correct.

2. Please help spread the word that the $25.00 late fee to register by July 22nd has been waived! $200.00 entry fee now until the shoot!!

We appreciate your support......we're excited and looking forward to seeing you all!!
Be blessed!!
Denise White
Circle W

·
Registered
7 Posts
State Shoot starts this Friday! Hope to see all you Alabama shooters there (and shooters from GA. Tn. and other States). Shot Circle W this weekend and everything is looking good. Danny, Denise, Josh, Jimmy B., along with many others are working hard to make this a great tournament so let all show our support....

Shoot Straight

Steve League

·
Registered
5 Posts
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK JIMMY BAKER FOR ALL HIS TIME AND HARD WORK, THESE WAS SOME GREAT TARGETS, THERE WAS A LOT OF ALABAMA SHOOTERS MISSED SOME GREAT TARGETS AND A VERY GOOD SHOOT,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY HAT OFF TO ALL INVOLVED VERY GOOD SHOOT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RPATTY

·
Registered
6 Posts
A special thanks to all who made the al state possible ,the Whites,jimmy baker ,jeff vick,billy thomas,doc plaxco,wayne mitchell, and there are several more , These people worked so hard and i just wanted to take the time to thank them , we had World class targets<world class food<and most important world class Fellowship ! thanks again to all who helped make this shoot possible,oh and everyone focus on our next years state shoot because we had 5 yes 5 berretta shotguns donated to next years state . Shoot Straight!

Chuck Cranford 559388

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would like to take this opportunity to thank EVERY shooter who attended and supported the Alabama State shoot this past weekend at Circle W in Heflin AL., especially the Alabama resident shooters. As usual a strong Ga. presence as well as a few "long distance shooters" !!!! The single greatest thing I saw was a STRONG contingent of "junior/young" shooters ...... "THANKS" to the parents for coming out and braving the heat and supporting the kids efforts !!!! Kids don't have transportation or the financial means to attend events like State shoots ...... so I'm always proud to see parents/adults who make it possible for the kids to come !!!

The shoot was not without issues and I take FULL responsibility for the tardiness of having the 5 stand event up and running on Friday (Thur. was an unexpected FULL, HARD rain day) .... and the lack of "BIO" targets (orange dome) thrown in the 5 stand event. There were a couple of GREAT long incomers thrown with trees TOO close as a back drop. THIS WAS MY FAULT .... I simply forgot to tell Danny to order some BIO targets. Circle W has such wonderful "open spaces" I never imagined an issue ... but it existed in the 5 stand !!!! A few machine issues and HEAVY rain simply made the 5 stand event impossible to have operational on Friday as planned ..... and not as well sorted as I wanted .... but for sure "World Class" targets ... maybe a little strong for a "state shoot" however .....sorry to all !!!

A very special Thanks go out to Doc Plaxo and Wayne Mitchell for their help on Thursday afternoon ...... or the subgauge event could have been in jeopardy for Friday morning also !!!

Thanks to Richard Patty (for his donation to High overall for resident Men's and Ladies and the UNSELFISH gesture of winning his own prize money and then donating it to resident Junior Champion) , Jeff Vick and Billy Thomas (for the banquet hall rental, Mowing and weedeating) and Danny and Denise for their HARD WORK and efforts !!!

Congrats to ALL the winners ..... Richard Patty for State Champion (again) and Chuck Cranford for runner up .... both of these guys are "as good as anybody in the country" on any given day !!!!

But most of all .... I want to personally invite every shooter in the Southeast and especially the resident Alabama Shooters to next years event at LWSSC ...... if you missed this years event for what ever reason ...... everyone involved worked their butt off to make the event, YOUR LOSS, and one NOT TO MISS in the future !!!

Be Safe All, Jimmy Baker
NSCA # 604279

101 - 120 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.