Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?: I am trying to find out more about this shotgun I have! It is a .410 o/u with the crest of Albrect Kind(two crossed long guns with two pistols above,surrounded by a wreath of leaves and the letters,"akah" below)on the bottom of the reciever. I know this firm is german and they are a sporting goods outfitter alot like our "Cabbellas" The only other exterior marking is the words,"spezialstahl","innen verchromt"and in stylized letters,"Greif"on the left side of the chamber. inside it has Italian proofs and says "Gardone V.T. Italy" gun has a crossbolt action(I think?) alot like a Merkel(bolt pops out the left side behind top barrel to release action) and has color case hardened action,vent rib,side locks,typical german style small cheak piece and humped top edge of buttstock,sling swivels,manual safety,extractors,highgrade figured walnut,nice yet simple ingraving,imp.cyl+mod.chokes,2+3/4"(70mm)chambers,dbl triggers and 99% bluing. Seems to be a gun made for the German market in Italy for AKAH. But by who?,and when?! Any Ideas on age,value,maker,what does "Greif" mean in german?ANYTHING!!! please let me know!! THANKS for your time! Kevin.

0)

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
"Greif" translates to "grasp" but,it might mean something else in a different context..

I'd contact them

ALBRECHT KIND GMBH & CO.
HERMANN-KIND-STRASSE-18-20
51645 GUMMERSBACH, HUNTSTIG
GERMANY
Phone: 49-2261-7050
Fax: 49-2261-73540

then if you would, you could educate us..

·
Registered
1 Posts
MarlandS said:
"Greif" translates to "grasp" but,it might mean something else in a different context..

I'd contact them

ALBRECHT KIND GMBH & CO.
HERMANN-KIND-STRASSE-18-20
51645 GUMMERSBACH, HUNTSTIG
GERMANY
Phone: 49-2261-7050
Fax: 49-2261-73540

then if you would, you could educate us..
THANKS FOR THE IDEA!! I EMAILED THEM TODAY<I WILL LET YOU KNOW! Kevin :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.