Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
You can I suppose, but they may be a bit bright compared to WWs in some applications. They were made by Fiocchi. What hulls and powder do you have, I have a couple Alcan loading data booklets dating back to the mid '60s. I did use some of the ones I had but my loads were pretty mild, I wasn't too worried about them being too hot.

BP

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
wwb is correct in his advise. I've loaded them that way with no problem whatsoever. And like wwb said, I'm giving away my age here, so It must not be too dangerous? I didn't get this old by being completly stupid! :roll: I'll look see what I have for data, but I'll bet it is mostly for Alcan powder and wads which I've used interchangably with AA wads without any problems. I loaded some shells awhile back with the Maxfire 220s which is what I think the Alcan 209s are called, in old style AAs. Shot just fine! I've got about 10 or 12 # of Alcan AL-5, 7, and 8 to use up sometime yet too. I'm going to use the AL-8 in 28 ga and the 5 and 7 in 20 ga shells.

BP

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.