Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
I read their intro and they don't look anti gun to me; anti assault weapon and pro backround check, though. I think they represent a faction of gun owners you don't agree with but that doesn't make them anti gun.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Ridge Runner said:
If you read their website carefully, they are advocating many things that the VPC does.......

Make sure none of your hunting buddies sends them one red cent.

http://huntersandshooters.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=102

They are ANTIGUN!
sse

Correct me in a nice way if I'm wrong, but what I read of it made sense to me. I think we would be able to keep our guns longer if we showed we were responsible people. :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
divided we will fall!!!!!!!!!!!! oh well as long as my double is protected.the more you split us up the easier it will be to chip away no .50s ,saturday night specials,tactical,sniper,mil surp where does this stop who are these groups. i think its fine for them to be prohunting and shooting but why point out all these exceptions that they dont like.like it or not i am 100% progun and do not believe we should compromise .i can think of at least 2 shooting activities i dont care for but i will stand up for their rights

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I'm with keylesschuck and ron73644 on this one: this group sounds like one that perhaps recognizes what has not yet dawned on the NRA: it is possible to win most of your battles and still lose the war. If this group can win the hearts and minds of the majority of people who don't own guns but perhaps feel that we don't need .50 caliber rifles or saturday night specials, then they've certainly earned my support.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I see where they are coming from, but if I want a freakin' cannon or .50 cal machine gun, I feel I have the right to own it. I got no use for either, so I don't want it, but I will stand up for the rights of those that want to own them. Besides, who decides what a "military-type assault rifle" is?

One more thought. If we give up these guns and the proverbial s*** hits the fan, it may be hard to fight against these boogey men with "assault rifles" if all we have are our trusty O/U, SxS, or pumps. One or two rounds vs. 30+ is not good odds.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
ron73644 said:
Thanks, Bonasa.......28ga.Kid brought up some good, valid points. There is "right" on both sides of this thing. It's gonna take somebody smarter than I am to know which is the best route to take.
That one, I have to agree with. Not calling you dumb, ron. I'm stepping into the boat with you.

·
Registered
188 Posts
1)don't see anything in the 2nd ammendment about hunting and sporting rights. sounds more like weapons used on the military

2)i wouldn't want the same people responsible for not preventing 911, rita relief efforts, the steven's bridge to nowhere tell me what kind of guns i should have as a law abiding citizen. they're a bunch of *** clowns.

3)what % crimes are commited with these weapons by people that own them legally

4)does this org really have the power of the nra? never even heard of em. but what the hell do i know?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Sounds like yet another wolf in sheeps wool. They however don't have the political power of the extreme anti-gun groups. I will expect for them to die a very quick death.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Gee !! I don't recall ever reading where someone used a 50 cal in a bank robbery or holding up a Liquor store. I would think that the only people wanting a 50 are the LONG range guys. Personally, I wouldn't want one if it were free. BUT, 12 and 20 ***** shotguns are over 50 cal so are a lot of muzzle loaders. There are just so many people out there that figure they cannot get ALL GUNS BANNED, so lets "chip" away at some and see where we go. I personally have no use whatever for a 50 or an assult rifle, just not my style, but, there are many, many law abiding citizens that want them and use them for lawful purposes. I think we all have to stand together and say, law abiding citizens are not to be feared no matter what guns they have, criminals with any gun are to be feared

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Holy Crap, I cannot belive what I am hearing here..........

Could you guys please read the fine print in their programs????

If I am not allowed to own a "so called assault weapon" then I am sure as hell not going to allow you guys here to own a "high powered sniper rifle" that is used for "killing for no reason innocent animals".

These guys want your hunting shotguns as well as my handguns.

For Example........from their website:

"In deciding whether a firearm in the home is a risk or a benefit, four common sense factors must be considered:

Is a firearm in the home more likely to be used to protect its owner or is it more likely to be used against a member of the household?
How frequently are guns used for self-protection?
How effective are handguns when they are used for self-protection?
Overall, how safe are guns in the home? "

Who decides if a firearm is "safe in my home"? How safe are guns in your home?

Also from their site:

"There are certain factors that weigh heavily against keeping a gun in the home for self-protection. One of the most widely quoted statements about guns is that a firearm kept in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a family member than an intruder. "

That is right out of the Brady Campaign website........

Also from their website:

"AHSA believes the FBI should be given reasonable access to National Instant Check System (NICS) purchase records to insure terrorists and other prohibited individuals do not have access to firearms."

This is what Liberal Democrats want also........

If you honestly can not see that, then you are worse than any gun grabber I know because you are willing to let my firearms be taken from me in order to protect keeping your own.

Sorry, but if you say that it is OK to take my guns buy not yours, then you do not deserve your own.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
keylesschuck said:
I read their intro and they don't look anti gun to me; anti assault weapon and pro backround check, though. I think they represent a faction of gun owners you don't agree with but that doesn't make them anti gun.
FYI..........

According to gun manufacturer/importer KBI/Charles Daly:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was recently related to Charles Daly that a new organization called American Hunters and Shooters Association was giving away Charles Daly Shotguns to select "Founding Members." While we appreciate that AHSA has a fine eye for quality shotguns, by no way does this amount to an implicit endorsement by Charles Daly of this new organization with a left leaning tilt.

The AHSA leadership is notorious for their alignment with decided anti-Second Amendment factions. Their leadership includes:

Ray Schoenke. This former Democratic gubernatorial candidate has championed many liberal causes in the past including Athletes For McGovern.

Bob Rickers. Once an NRA employee and former director of the firearms industry association, ASSC, Rickers has since switched sides and begun working for gun control groups lobbying to shut down gun shows and further restrict gun owners.

John Rosenthal. One of the founders of the Massachusetts based group Stop Handgun Violence, which has the led the fight in Massachusetts to pass the Gun Control Act of 1998, providing Massachusetts with the some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country requiring licensing, registration, gun safety training, and storage on all firearms. Further this act banned assault weapons and what the state deemed "junk guns" and requires gun dealers to perform background checks and register every firearm sold.

Jody Powell. Former press secretary to President Jimmy Carter.

Again, we are pleased that this association has chosen Charles Daly shotguns and appreciate their discerning eye when it comes to selecting a quality firearm. But Charles Daly is not associated with, nor does it endorse the American Hunters and Shooters Association.

·
Registered
377 Posts
anybody hear the owner of barret on nra radio this guy seems to be with gun owners if a state bans his guns he bans the state from purchasing or repairing the ones police or millitary have or want :p i dont remember the exact quote but if a eleatest government doesnt trust the people then he doesnt trust them 8) and no i do not own one couldnt afford to buy or feed a 36 lbs monster

1 - 20 of 202 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.