Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I order a new o/u it arrives at the dealer with a defect.My new Cynergy 6 months ago arrived with a crack in the forearm,four days later a new one was shipped in but the forearm would not go on.Thank God the third one was a Charm,over 2 thousand rounds no problem ,I love It . .Last week I ordered the new Citori Super Lightning .I tested it today with snap caps but the second barrel no click.Either the Over or Under barrel no click,nothing.no second shot.
Does anyone know if this situation is a defect or the gun needs real ammo to cycle the second barrel??
I really need help on this one ,my dealer not sure if he should order anothe gun . :?

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Browning uses inertia triggers on their over/unders. You have to use functioning ammo, or after you pull the trigger on the first empty barrel, rap the butt of the gun on the floor to reset the trigger. Then the second barrel will go. You can also pull the trigger on the first barrel, change the barrel selector over to the remaining barrel and pull the trigger.

·
Banned
8,378 Posts
EXCEPT for the cynergy browning O/U`s need recoil to make the second barrel function. The cynergy has mechanical triggers. No recoil needed.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
If your gun dealer did not know enough to point out the enertia trigger issue....well, your dealing with the wrong gun dealer. It is not rocket science, just normal shotgun mechanics. find someont to deal with that knows something about the product they sell.

Jeff

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information.
I have a strong feeling Monday when I get to the gun store the problems will be solved.the citori shotgun has inertia trigger and my Cynergy has mechanical trigger.I only have experience with mechanical , so the same night I tried the citori the second barrel would not dry fire (click), so I assumed the gun to be defective.
nevertheless I will continue to buy from that store due to good customer service ,the prices are always the lowest in the U.S.,and if I receive a defective gun the dealer will let the manufacturer pay for the shipping. :)

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
From the Browning web page, Owners Manual for the Cynergy, page 9:

CAUTION: Once again, the Cynergy shotgun has mechanical triggers. The recoil action of a fired shell in the first barrel is not necessary to set the trigger to fire the round in the second barrel. If you pull the trigger on the first barrel selected and there is no round loaded or there is a misfire, then immediately pulling the trigger again will fire the shell in the second barrel.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Conman said:
From the Browning web page, Owners Manual for the Cynergy, page 9:

CAUTION: Once again, the Cynergy shotgun has mechanical triggers. The recoil action of a fired shell in the first barrel is not necessary to set the trigger to fire the round in the second barrel. If you pull the trigger on the first barrel selected and there is no round loaded or there is a misfire, then immediately pulling the trigger again will fire the shell in the second barrel.
Conman, thats great info, but his problem was with his Citori...why would a person who has a problem with a Citori read a Cynergy Owners Manual? :D :D :D

Bob

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do not want another Browning even if it's for free.
Between the Cynergy and the Citori , I just love the CYNERGY!
For hunting or sporting clays the performance is great.
Very low recoil,and the new monolock hinge locks up the gun nice and tight. :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.