Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all use to lube your pins etc...? I currently use STOS grease and seems to work awesome.

I use slip 2000 to clean and lube rest of gun.

What do you men/women use?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I had used almost every product on the market for gun care, but one I found down here in Florida has really got me happy to clean guns.

It used to be called Gun-Guard, but now seems to have been renamed Poly Pro-Tek GUN-CARE (TM). Have a look at their web site http://www.reallycleanguns.com/

I wont drivel on a length as I usually do on this site, :oops: because you can look at their site.

I cleaned my guns thoroughly = about 12 passes of a bronze brush soaked in gun-guard, followed by enough patches until they come out clean...yes do that 12 times. The patches come clean then you do more bronze brushing and the patches are dirty again. However, I did this in May and June and have not had to clean them since. They are still shiny and bright. You also use it on the outside and the wood.

One issue I did have when first cleaned, the wood was very slippy when my hands were moist from err.. the heat. This passed and I found that cloth bob allen gloves fixed the issue.

I love it. However, it is, as Cathy would say, 'not inexpensive' at $15 for a 4 oz bottle, but that cleans a lot of guns.

Roger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.