Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Mark,
I don't know of any American Made SXS. I'm not sure there has been a good one since the Winchester Model 21 and maybe the Model 23. MarlandS can probably shed some light on this. I'd sure be interested in his response.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems a shame that American gun companies can't recognize a profitable niche market like this. There are several guys that shoot sxs 16ga. guns in my pointing dog club, myself included, and only one is American made, an older Ithaca, which he bought for $1,200 (mine is Belgian). The Connecticut guns are awesome, but few people have that much scratch to spend. Not only that, but in the case of the Ruger gold label, it only comes in 12 ga., and it has a single trigger, and ejectors, and choke tubes. Consumer focus groups are the bane of the industry, as double triggers, extractors, and non-tubed guns are unheard of anymore in the lower price ranges.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.