Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I noticed the local Walmart was getting shotshells back on the shelves. I started buying some each week. Now in the last couple weeks there are no shells to be had again. They were Federals an Winchester stuff.

I spoke to a store manager today and she said they have been having problems getting ammo again. She said she did not know why, but the store is trying all the time as usual.

How are the Walmart's near you guys doing? Any shells to buy lately?

Thanks, Doc

·
Registered
24,438 Posts
Shelves at one Walmart today were packed with Federal 4 packs - ALL steel, not one box of lead loads in any bore size to be had

·
Registered
299 Posts
One of the local Sportsman's whse in Denver had some Remington Gun Clubs recently, 5 box limit. I did not check this out personally but was told by one of my trap league friends. It was encouraging that Remington was starting to show up again. The Walmarts are still hit or miss with promo 4-packs. I have not been shopping for shells since I reload.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Local Wally has been getting in a variety of .22's in.1400 remmy buckets,100 ct minimags,222 ct winnies and 200 ct cci camo milk cartons.Prices are reasonable ---limit of 3 per day/per customer.One hour south and there are 4 paks of feds buy no .22's :roll:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I checked one of the two local WalMarts in the Glens Falls, NY area last week and the shot shell shelf was empty. I didn't look at the small glass-doored case behind the gun counter, but the section that normally has all the shot shells, including the bulk packs, was completely bare.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I just stopped by the south Denver Sportsman's Whse after a lunch meeting. They had maybe 100-200 boxes of a variety of target size shells--Rem. Gun Clubs, Rem. Clay and Field, Estates, Win. Universals and some Super X. All were $8.99 and limit 5. So maybe things are starting to loosen up--except for price.

·
Registered
747 Posts
My local WM only gets sporadic and meager shotgun ammo delivery.

The daily limit when ammo does arrive is a measly 3 boxes/person/day.

I asked the sporting goods manager for more info…his response:

They never get a heads up that ammo is on the truck…and they only get small amounts…the first one or two guys get lucky, while everyone else goes without.

It's sad…really, really, really sad…

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I can`t remember the last time I saw a rifle round or shell in our local Walmart Supercenter outside of Savannah.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I See some 4 packs come in every couple weeks. If they don't lock it up, it's gone within a 1/2 day. One local Walmart sells only 1 box or four pack per customer and their supply usually lasts a week or 2, especially with single boxes. So if the ammo isn't locked up or limited, the first couple guys in clean things out.

Cheap 20ga shells are the hardest to find.

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
I have 4 Super Walmarts within 20 minutes of my house and this is what all the shell shelves look like.

Reactions: llc

·
Registered
24,438 Posts
KRIEGHOFFK80 said:
I have 4 Super Walmarts within 20 minutes of my house and this is what all the shell shelves look like.

At least that ammo is accessible; around here, it is all now locked up in a cabinet and you have to try and find someone who has a key.

·
Registered
48 Posts
KRIEGHOFFK80 said:

I've seen more 28 ga. and 16 ga. this year during the shortage than I can remember, now that Dove season is near it's all gone as well. If only I could find the 28 ga. model I want in stock somewhere. I usually avoid CCP Mart but desperate times call for buying it where one can find it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Our local Walmart has kept a number of the guys I shoot with supplied with ammo this past year. If it was not for Walmart, I doubt some of these guys would have shot this year. They could have bought ammo other places but I doubt they would have paid the higher prices other vendors are charging.

Walmart can only sell ammo at one cash register in the entire store. At the beginning of July that cash register went down and they did not sell any ammo for approximately 6 weeks. This past week a friend messaged me that Walmart was again selling ammo. It appears the store had stockpiled ammo for the past 6 weeks and it looked like Christmas morning in the store. 100 packs of 12 and 20 ga. Lots of .22 and plenty of center fire rifle ammo in 308, 30-06, 270, 350, 22-250, and others. Plenty of individual boxes of 28, 20, 16, and 12. They even had 12 ga steel dove loads that some guys were in desperate need of before September 1.

·
Registered
32 Posts
2 boxes 12 gauge Winchester, 7 and 1/2 shot. Unidentifiable Remington Gun Club 12 gauge. 2 boxes 20 gauge Remington Gun Club, unidentified shot size. 4 boxes 28 gauge, 6 shot. 1 box Remington 30/06 150 gr, 1 box Remington 243 100 gr. at local Walmart.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Amazing the variability. If there`s rhyme or reason, I don`t know what it is.

·
Registered
21,765 Posts
I was in Fremont Ne, this last week, 7 boxes of steel high velocity 12 ga shells, that was it at walmart, the sporting goods stores had NADA.

cdb

·
Registered
696 Posts
I've bought shells at my local Walmart pretty much every week for the last 4-5 months. Sometimes they are behind the counter, sometimes they are out on an aisle by the targets. I can checkout at any open register.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts