Shotgun Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
This evening, I bought three 4 packs of Federal Game and Dove loads 12 gauge, 7.5, 1200 fps at a Walmart near Tyler, TX for $81.00 and some change. Store limit was 3 boxes. Luckily, my wife was with me so I sent her back to buy 3 more boxes. Shotgun shells at the WM in my home town has 3 boxes of 25 limit when they have them which isn't very often. The lead shells I bought this evening were locked up behind the counter and the steel shot shells were out on the floor.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Ssanders224 said:
I can checkout at any open register.
In Illinois you must show your firearms owners identification card to buy ammunition. Walmart has one cash register in sporting goods where they enter you FOID card number when you buy ammunition. I believe that cash register is linked to the state to check that your FOID is valid.

·
Registered
24,354 Posts
seb7515 said:
Be more ammunition at WalMart if they'd raise prices to 9 dollars a box and 36 dollars a four pack.
But that is not their business model which is why the .22 shortage several years ago was extended because of their pricing policy

·
Registered
344 Posts
noweil said:
Ssanders224 said:
I can checkout at any open register.
In Illinois you must show your firearms owners identification card to buy ammunition. Walmart has one cash register in sporting goods where they enter you FOID card number when you buy ammunition. I believe that cash register is linked to the state to check that your FOID is valid.
Wow. This kind of stuff makes me so happy I live in a red state.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
No ammo in western Ne and S.D. If they have it, check out is no problem. Three weeks ago they had 3 lonely boxes of Gun Clubs 12ga, I took them to the front but no one could find a price. Finally the store manager said how about $10/box. I replied that was too much. He replied how about $5. Sold.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
wrfish said:
No ammo in western Ne and S.D. If they have it, check out is no problem. Three weeks ago they had 3 lonely boxes of Gun Clubs 12ga, I took them to the front but no one could find a price. Finally the store manager said how about $10/box. I replied that was too much. He replied how about $5. Sold.
And those may be the last $5 a box shotgun shells sold from now on!

Reactions: Mallard Cutter

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
oneounceload said:
seb7515 said:
Be more ammunition at WalMart if they'd raise prices to 9 dollars a box and 36 dollars a four pack.
But that is not their business model which is why the .22 shortage several years ago was extended because of their pricing policy
I thought WM was a business.

·
Registered
11,346 Posts
One of the Walmarts that I have visited over the past few days have any ammo at all. Very few firearms.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The local walmart doesn`t have any ammo on the shelves. The employees get it all and sell it, or try to. Most of the shooters here avoid walmart. There are some gun shops there that have many boxes of all types of ammo . One thing about walmart is you cannot complain about their service, because they have none.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Gentlemen,

Walmart shelves still empty of shells here in Pa, hope we get some AA and Rem Greenies soon.

all the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Kreighoffk80 must have come to LaGrande Or. to take that picture..... was at the store about an hour ago and the shelves were empty but for 3 boxes of Win Super Target and 2 boxes of Win Super X......... been that way for months....... Larry

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same story at Wally World in NWPA. I check every few days, and they rarely have anything. When they do get some it’s only a few boxes at a time and totally random on what it is. Most days shelves are bare. I never would have imagined a shortage like this in my wildest dreams. Goes to show shouldn’t take things for granted.

·
Premium Member
11,273 Posts
Does your local Club/s not have ammo? If I had to rely on WM I wouldn't have been able to shoot in well over a year.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Gentlemen,

I picked up a few boxes of 20 gauge Super-Tatrget 7 1/2's from Midway on line. Larry would only let you purchase 3 boxes at a time. Great shells for Grouse, Woodcock and Mearns Quail. These are 2 3/4" shells, RST still has no 2 1/2" SpredR's for sale at the present time. Things are not looking real good for purchasing new shells, for the up coming season.

all the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

·
Registered
61 Posts
I never thought that i would see a place that is tighter than NY.

What drives me up the wall is the fact that there is an entire upstate NY that is a completely different country from NYC and you can't get that idea into people's heads. Almost 500 miles of NY is upstate and rural. We have all kinds of waterfowl and deer hunting. You can drive for 3 hours and not see another person. But many ammo sellers won't ship to the state because of that damned city, and finding anything in walmart is good luck.

I gave up on walmart ages ago anyhow because they are the single most un-american company I can think of. For many reasons, and not just this.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts